Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ahoy–SSSC #219

SSSC219_2014may11


Happy Sunday, everyone! It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has a classic sketch for us today and boy was it fun to work with!


10256532_10203543698454542_8098610237192619869_n
I started off with a Nightshift Blue card stock base, then added a layer of Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with MFT’s soon-to-be-released AWESOME Linen Background and Sno Cone ink. Over that I laid on a Fishnet Cover-Up Die-namics cut from Kraft card stock. Around that I tied a sailor’s knot made from cotton yarn. Then I added some Making Waves Die-namics cut from Berrylicious card stock.

My Sailboat Die-namics was made using Nightshift Blue card stock, Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (for the flag), Wild Cherry card stock, and the sails were also stamped with Linen Background to resemble canvas: Natural ink on Primitive White card stock. The sentiment is from DC Go Overboard and was stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Nightshift Blue ink, as was the sentiment on the inside of the card.


SSSC219_2014may11in 

And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Go Overboard, Linen Background (MFT)
Ink:
Nightshift Blue ink, Natural ink, Sno Cone ink (MFT)
Paper:
Nightshift Blue card stock, Kraft card stock, Sweet tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Primitive White card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fishnet Cover-Up Die-namics, Sailboat Die-namics, Making Waves Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, cotton yarn

1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Barbara, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alina, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I love this! It is so cute with the linen sails and the net cutting plate and the knotted twine! My nephew is going to the Naval Academy, they start in June I'm pretty sure.... :) Let me know if you want his address! :) P.S. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Barbara this is is simply amazing. I literally had to pick my jaw up off the laptop. This may be my all time favorite of yours. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! I love the boat as the focal point and that gorgeous sailor's knot you tied is the perfect accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara this is fabulous. The boat with the waves and the tied twine - perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...