Tuesday, May 06, 2014

It’s a New Day

welcomesharon_2014may6 

Hey, everyone! I’ve got a fun card for you today in honor of a fun announcement over at the MFT Blog. So when you’re done here, be sure to head over there to see what’s new in MFT Land. Additionally, just a reminder that tomorrow starts the May Release Countdown :)

I jotted down the rough idea for this card months ago and it’s been sitting on my desk waiting for me to get around to it. I finally did and I love how it turned out. I started by embossing Sun Ray Stencil with Versamark and yellow embossing powder. I would have stenciled ink had I been doing it on white card stock but I knew I’d end up with green sun rays if I did that on Sno Cone card stock, LOL! So, emboss I did. Then I cut the edge with Solid Skyline Die-namics and adhered it to a Sweet Tooth card stock base, the edge of which I cut the same way. It took a little precise measuring but it wasn’t too hard. Then I stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About New Beginnings, on a cloud cut from Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, with Black Licorice Hybrid ink and popped it up on foam. Two more clouds got the same treatment, then I went to the inside.

I cut Skyline Border Die-namics from Steel Gray card stock and Grout Gray card stock and lined them up to match the front cut out so when the card is closed it appears the skyline is on the front. Another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About New Beginnings was stamped on the inside, as well.


welcomesharon_2014may6in


And that’s it! This was a really fun card to make—glad I finally got around to it ;-) Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About New Beginnings (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Grout Gray card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Skyline Border Die-namics, Solid Skyline Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, Sun Ray Stencil (MFT); Zing yellow embossing powder, heat tool, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got around to it too! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever! I love the embossed sun & the card opening, Bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...