Wednesday, May 07, 2014

MFT May Release Countdown–Day Seven

releasecountdown7_2014may7

It’s my favorite time of the month again! MFT Release Countdown! This is when the Design Team get to show you samples of that month’s release and, as usual, this month is full of awesome products that you can purchase on May 13th at 10pm. In the meantime, don’t forget to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details and to see what the other designers have to show you today.



NewReleaseCountdown_Day7

Today we’re previewing LJD Sea Life, LJD Sea Life Die-namics, Blueprints 15 Die-namics, and Linen Background. I’m using LJD Sea Life and LJD Sea Life Die-namics for my cards today, along with another product that you’ll be seeing more of later, Sequins Die-namics.

My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then I worked on a layer of Blu Raspberry card stock before popping it up on foam. I made my sea floor from Kraft card stock, cut with Snow Drifts Die-namics, Then I cut the fish, shells, coral, and plant shapes from Sweet Tooth card stock with LJD Sea Life Die-namics. I stamped with the coordinating images from LJD Sea Life with the following inks: fish—Orange Fizz Hybrid ink (stamped off a bit to give the look of fish scales) and Lemon Drop Hybrid ink; coral and starfish—Insulation Pink ink with a touch of Orange Fizz ink on the starfish points; sand dollar—Grout Gray ink; conch shell—Orange Fizz Hybrid ink; plants: Sour Apple Hybrid ink. I stamped the fish bubbles with Grout Gray ink and went over them with a glitter pen for some shimmer. I added some “sea glass” to the sea floor in the form of aqua metallic paper cut with Sequins Die-namics

The inside was stamped with a sentiment from a previously released set, Sending Thanks.


releasecountdown7_2014may7in
*****

My second card is a little simpler. This card also starts with a Sweet Tooth card stock base and a Blu Raspberry card stock working layer.

CTD291_2014may7


I wanted the look of rays of light shining down from the surface, so, using my Sun Ray Stencil, I sponged on some Sweet Tooth pigment ink and blended off to nothing. Then I stamped the “sand” of the sea floor with Kraft Hybrid ink and the sentiment with Nightshift Blue ink. The fish and plant were cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with LJD Sea Life Die-namics; the fish was stamped with Nightshift Blue ink and the plant with Sour apple Hybrid ink. They were popped up on foam and the bubble stamped with Grout Gray ink, again with a little glitter pen for shimmer.

The sentiment on the inside of the card is also from LJD Sea Life and was stamped with Nightshift Blue ink and Blu Raspberry Hybrid ink.


CTD291_2014may7in


This card is also for this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge. Get all the details on the Color Throwdown blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you later for this week’s MFTWSC and tomorrow for another Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2

releasecountdown7_2014may7


CTD291_2014may7



~Supplies~
Thanks Card:
Stamps: LJD Sea Life (
MFT)
Ink:
Nightshift Blue ink, Grout Gray ink, Insulation Pink ink, Orange Fizz Hybrid ink, Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Sour Apple Hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock (MFT); aqua metallic card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; LJD Sea Life Die-namics, Sequins Die-namics,
Snow Drift Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, glitter pen


Hello Card:
Stamps: LJD Sea Life (
MFT)
Ink:
Sour Apple Hybrid ink, Kraft Hybrid ink, Nightshift Blue ink, Grout Gray ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; LJD Sea Life Die-namics, Sun Ray Stencil (
MFT); foam tape, glitter pen


1CAS Signature2

28 comments:

  1. I adore your cards Barbara, the first one is perfect, loving the little scene you created and the second card I sat and starred it is just too beautiful, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great, but I have to say the second one with the sun coming down through the water looks brilliant. Love this new release

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, love the sea life theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara I always love your cards and I especially like the second, seemingly simpler one - the ray stencil fading out in the background is awesome and your color choice was unusual but v-e-r-y effective. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous cards! I am in love with this new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great, but I totally love your second card .... the rays just drew my attention in to the fish and plant. Love the Nightshift Blue ink you used on the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALWAYS love your work!! Your second card is especially appealing to me though ~ my favorite...Blue Raspberry cs! Nice use of the Sun Ray Stencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second card is my favorite just love everything about it. The first is cute and colorful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect cards for someone who loves the nautical theme (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the first card , so colorful. It reminds me of when I had my own aquarium. On the second card I don't think I would have thought of using the sun rays,nice idea. Great job on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving this new Sea Life set! Both cards are fantastic but the second one with the sun rays is especially spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite with that sunray stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Sea Scene Cards...Absolutely Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tiny bubbles make it "come alive"! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the sun coming through to the bottom of the sea Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your cards! The sea of life set is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your beachy cards! That subtle sun ray element is such a cool touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cards, and your color choices. I especially like the sun-rays-through-the-water look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards. Love the rays of sun. Quite cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such happy cards, great layouts too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the scenes you created and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards! I especially love how you did the rays into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fun and great cards, Bar!! LOVE how you have the rays shining down through the water on the CTD card! Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great designs! Love how you used the sun ray stencil on your CTD card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!