Thursday, May 15, 2014

MFT May Release Rewind

releaserewind1_2014may15


Hi, everyone! It’s time for this month’s Release Rewind! I love this feature since it gives the designers a great opportunity to use some products we might not have gotten around to using during the release. This almost always happens for me so I’m really excited about this chance to be creative with the amazing new
MFT products that are available right HERE, right NOW in the MFT Boutique. To get all the details, be sure to stop by the MFT Blog.


Print 
My first card uses a couple of products that I didn’t get around to using during the release. One of them is Centerpieces You Mean the World to Me Die-namics. It’s this month’s Free With $60 set and is such an awesome design! My card starts with a Kraft card stock base. Next I made some sweet plaid paper by stenciling ink on with All Lined Up stencil, the other one that I needed to show some love. I first sponged on Sour Apple ink, turned my paper 90 degrees, and sponged on Berrylicious ink. I trimmed that down and layered it with Black Licorice card stock. Next, I cut Centerpieces You Mean the World to Me Die-namics from Berrylicious card stock and, on a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, roughly colored in the continents with Copic markers to back it with. To make the sentiment show up better, I slipped a piece of Black Licorice card stock behind the cut out. I tied a Black Licorice button on with some hemp cord, popped up the Centerpieces You Mean the World to Me Die-namics on foam, and it was done!

The inside has a sentiment from Love Story, stamped with Black Licorice Hybrid ink.


releaserewind1_2014may15in
*****

For my second card, I revisited Let’s Tool Around and Tool Time Die-namics.

releaserewind2_2014may15 

I love the realism of these two so much! I started with a Black Licorice card stock base, then cut out some pieces with Blueprints 15 Die-namics . The large mat was cut from Primitive White card stock that had been stamped with Linen Background and Kraft ink. Next I cut out Pegboard Cover-Up Die-namics and then cut it again with the wonky element from Blueprints 15 Die-namics \. The little tab on the side was cut from Brick Red card stock, stamped with a couple of screw heads with Steel Gray ink, and slipped under the pegboard. The tools were made and hung on the pegboard with care—love the hangers that are included—aren’t they awesome??? The saw handle was cut from Brick Red card stock and stamped with the wood grain image from LJD Western Backgrounds and Kraft ink. The screwdriver handle is Lemon Drop card stock and the hammer handle is Black Licorice card stock. Metallic silver card stock was used on the rest of the tools. Finally, the sentiment was stamped on Primitive White card stock and popped up on foam.

The inside has a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Friendship.


releaserewind2_2014may15in


And that’s it from me! Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2 

releaserewind1_2014may15





releaserewind2_2014may15




~Supplies~
World Card
Stamps:
Love Story (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Hybrid ink, Sour Apple ink, Berrylicious ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Centerpieces You Mean the World to Me Die-namics, All Lined Up Stencil,
Black Licorice button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers


Tool Card
Stamps: Linen Background, Let’s Tool Around, LJD Western Backgrounds (
MFT)
Ink:
Kraft ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Primitive White card stock, Brick Red card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT); metallic silver card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Tool Time Die-namics, Blueprints 15 Die-namics, Pegboard Cover-Up Die-namics (
MFT); foam tape

 

1CAS Signature2

10 comments:

  1. Great cards! You highlighted the new stamp sets wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so beautiful, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are wicked Bar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! The new dies and are amazing! Tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that I ordered enough product to receive the free Dienamics! Edit that. There really wasn't a problem lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun cards, thanks for sharing!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards! Can't wait to get my goodies. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! LOVE the plaid behind the panel on the first one... gives me an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...