Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Relax–CTD #294

CTD294_2014may28


Happy Wednesday, and welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! This week the fabulous Broni is our host and she has a lovely summer palette for us to work with.




swatch 294

Broni loves the beach, so I designed my card with her in mind—I know she would love to be sitting in one of those chairs with the water lapping her feet—come to think of it, so would *I*, LOL!

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then trimmed down another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock to work with. I stamped the image, from Inspired by the Beach, with Black Licorice Hybrid ink and colored it with Copic markers, totally inspired by Broni’s inspiration piece. I airbrushed some sky, stamped the sentiment, popped it up on foam, added some enamel dots, and called it done!

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

CTD294_2014may28in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD294 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Annette Allen – May Guest Designer



1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by the Beach (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Copic markers, foam tape, enamel dots



1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. I love your card! The stamped image was colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW, that image could not be more perfect for this challenge, and the coloring is fantastic (as always!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the perfect scene.. i love this card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You already KNOW how much I love this card and how much I want to be there! Looks like there's room for both of us!! This makes me sigh and smile. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to be adding a third chair for me!! Love this beach scene...simple perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...