Saturday, May 03, 2014

Sunflower Birthday–C4C #234

C4C234_2014may3


Hi, everyone, and Happy May! WHERE is this year going??? I really can’t believe it’s MAY already!!!

I’m your host this month and I thought I’d continue the “April showers bring May flowers theme”—today I want you to use some flowers on your card or project. Easy peasy, right?

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then I trimmed down another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock and, with my Mini Chicken Wire Stencil, spread some embossing paste and allowed it to dry. In the meantime, I stamped a piece of Kraft card stock with Wood Plank Background and Kraft Hybrid ink and adhered it to my base. When my embossing paste was dry, I popped it up on foam on the base. I cut a LJD Splendid Sunflower Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped it with LJD Splendid Sunflower using Kraft Hybrid ink, Hot Fudge Hybrid ink, and Lemon Drop Hybrid ink. The leaves were stamped with Gumdrop Green Hybrid ink and I added some shading to both with Copic markers

I popped the flower and leaves up on foam, and stamped the sentiment, from LJD Pretty Poppies, on a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock with Hot Fudge Hybrid ink and popped it up, as well.

The sentiment on the inside is also from LJD Pretty Poppies—I stamped half of the sentiment on the outside, half here on the inside.


C4C234_2014may3in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our fabulous May Guest Designer, Melody Rupple!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C234.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Wood Plank Background, LJD Splendid Sunflower, LJD Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Ink:
Lemon Drop Hybrid ink, Kraft Hybrid ink, Hot Fudge Hybrid ink, Gumdrop Green Hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
LJD Splendid Sunflower Die-namics, Mini Chicken Wire Stencil (MFT); foam tape, embossing paste, Copic markers

1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...