Tuesday, October 14, 2014

MFT October Release Countdown, Day One

countdownday1_2014oct14

It’s here! Tonight is the night! MFT’s October Release happens at 10pm! Get all the details on the MFT Blog. Today we’re previewing Christmas Tree Cutout Die-namics  - Free with $60 for this month, Peace, Love, Joy Die-namics, Merry Die-namics, and Merry Messages.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day1
My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, on which I stamped one image from Plaid Builder Background (previously released set and which I think looks like a candy cane pattern) with Wild Cherry ink. I then cut Merry Die-namics from Black Licorice card stock, then stamped a sentiment from Merry Messages on the bottom strip with Sweet Tooth pigment ink. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder and popped it up on foam. To finish it off, I added a holly leaf cluster using Christmas Ornaments Die-namics with red pearls for berries.

Another sentiment from Merry Messages was stamped on the inside with Wild Cherry ink.

countdownday1_2014oct14in

And that’s it for MFT’s October Release Countdown! Remember release is tonight at 10pm—hope to see you back for my New Product Launch post at 10pm tonight!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Merry Messages, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Merry Die-namics, Christmas Ornaments Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, faux pearls, white embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

20 comments:

  1. Using the plaid on the diagonal gives it a completely different look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the black die cut against the candy cane striped layer. And, the holly cluster to is too cute...finishes off the card perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card!! Love the big Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candy cane background!! Just thought I'd pop on here and tell you that your cards are always among my favorites. I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Candy Cane background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the contrast...Very MERRY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black "Merry" on the striped red background DP really stands out! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card the background really does look like candy cane stripes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you used the merry cutout over the pretty paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so pretty, I love the candy came stripes behind the die. This one is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brings to mind - Peppermint Candy Canes. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the background paper being on a slant and the bold, black, 'Merry' makes for a striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the striped background paper! Your card is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bold black on top of the candy striped design--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous! The creations you can do with the plaid stamp set along are amazing! Great card! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background paper. Makes me think of candy canes =0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!