Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Get Well Soon–CTD #321

CTD321_2014dec3


Hey, there, it’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! My girl Broni has an awesome palette for us this week—I love the two metallics together. I used to be an all gold girl, then I started really like silver, too, now I love the two toned look just as well, so I love this color combo!


swatch 321

I hadn’t played with LJD Whimsical Wishes as much as I’d liked during Release Countdown so I got it out again for this card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then, on another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, I stamped the scribbles several times randomly with gold and silver Delicata inks, one at a time, then heat embossed with matching embossing powders. I cut the sentiment strip from Hot Fudge card stock (it REALLY is dark brown, not black) using Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, stamped the sentiment with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I popped that up on foam, added some gold and silver sequins and I was done!

A gold scribble and the sentiment, stamped with Hot Fudge dye ink, were stamped on the inside.

CTD321_2014dec3in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD321 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented December Guest Designer, Sue Lelli!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Sue Lelli – December Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!



1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Whimsical Wishes (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT); Delicata Gold, Delicate Silver
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Hot Fudge card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics (MFT); silver embossing powder, gold embossing powder, sequins, foam tape, white embossing powder, heat tool


1CAS Signature2

7 comments:

  1. love how you used the "scribbles" to make the background - i always struggle with stamps like that and you have given me some inspiration to use mine like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scribbled circles are just too sweet! Love the mix of metallics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the gold and silver scribbles and how you embossed them! Fab use of sequins, too! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love those metallic circles Barb. The touch of dark brown is perfect... the sequins look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now, this is just awesome! Love your perfectly placed scribbles! This would be wonderful for a Christmas card too!! I may be casing this one, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woow Barbara
    really clever to use gold and silver
    and love the sentiment you add too with brown paper
    you combine the color so cleverly
    I love it..I think I want to CASE ing your card..may I?its so adorable Barbara I ADORE THIS

    I Just joining again Color Throwdown...I hope you like to visiting my entry this time Barbara...will be so happy if the DT member leaving me some love too...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Circle scribbles and in gold and silver...adore!! Another fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!