Thursday, October 22, 2015

fa la la la la–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #251

MFTWSC251_2015oct22

Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_251
I didn’t really know where I was headed when I started this card, LOL! I started by creating my tree—I thought that would work for the flourish-y element in the sketch. I cut out LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics

from Ranger watercolor paper and stamped it with the coordinating image from LJD Trim the Tree with Sour Apple dye ink. Then, with a medium water brush, I shaded the left side with Jellybean Green dye ink. Next I used my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers to dot in the garland on the tree. Finally, I spritzed the whole thing with some clear water to make the dots blur a bit to give them a watercolor look. I stamped the gifts with Wild Cherry dye ink and Grape Jelly dye ink by inking up, spritzing, and stamping. Same with the bows using Gravel Gray dye ink. The start was stamped with Sunshine dye ink.

MFTWSC251_2015oct22b

On a panel of Sweet Tooth card stock, I splattered some Black Licorice dye ink and popped it up on foam mounting tape on a Sweet Tooth card stock base. The circular element was done by stamping Sketched Chevron Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Versamark and heat embossing with white detail embossing powder, then I did a watercolor wash with Cornflower dye ink. Since I wasn’t using watercolor paper for this, I held my breath and worked VERY gently and lightly and got away with it. The sentiment is also from LJD Trim the Tree and was stamped on a flag from Blueprints 20 Die-namics with Gravel Gray dye ink. I adhered all the elements and finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.

And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!

1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Trim the Tree, Sketched Chevron Background (MFT)
Ink:
Sour Apple dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink, Sunshine dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Gravel Gray dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics, LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, medium water brush, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, heat tool

1fallsignature

4 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...