Sunday, October 25, 2015

Joy Ornament–SSSC #292

SSSC292_2015oct25

Hello, all, it’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has another classic design for us today and I’m loving it!


SSSC292
And, of course, I’m still in Christmas card mode :) I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. On some Ranger watercolor paper, I stamped Crosshatch Background with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and did a watercolor wash with Blu Raspberry dye ink, then popped it up on foam mounting tape. Next is a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock on which I stamped the darling little holly sprig from Hand Lettered Holiday randomly with Black Licorice hybrid ink and Wild Cherry dye ink and colored the leaves with my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers—since these were small areas I got away with not using watercolor paper for this.

SSSC292_2015oct25b

I adhered that and added a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Candy Stripes Background Builder and Wild Cherry dye ink and Blu Raspberry dye ink, popping that up on foam. I cut my ornament with Circle STAX Set 1 Die-namics from Wild Cherry card stock stamped with Garden Flourish Background and Versamark, added the “cap” cut from Silver Sparkle card stock and, thinking outside the box, a die from Blueprints 22 Die-namics. I stamped the sentiment from Hand Lettered Holiday with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, tied on some matching baker’s twine and popped it up on foam. I finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and silver glitter enamel dots.

Be sure to check out what the other awesome design team members have for you at the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge blog! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!

1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Hand Lettered Holiday, Candy Stripes Background Builder, Crosshatch Background, Garden Flourish Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Ranger watercolor paper, Silver Sparkle card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 22 Die-namics, Circle STAX Set 1 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, medium water brush, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, baker’s twine, silver glitter enamel dots, heat tool


1fallsignature

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...