Saturday, October 17, 2015

Let it Snow–C4C #308

Hi, everyone, I’m back today with this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges. This is sketch week and here is the one Jessie has for us.

11061244_10206267972792098_1621556827886909860_n
I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, instead of adding layers, I cut out for the vertical element and inserted a panel of Ranger watercolor paper on which I stamped Snowflake Flurry with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. Then I gave it a watercolor wash with Cornflower dye ink. On the two top panels, I stamped the horizontal element with Sketched Chevron Background and Gravel Gray dye ink, lightly stamped off, then stamped the sentiment, from LJD Snowflake Splendor with Gravel Gray dye ink. I popped the two panels up on foam mounting tape leaving the snowflake panel recessed.

I stamped a snowflake from Snowflake Flurry on a coordinating Snowflake Flurry Die-namics, cut from watercolor paper, stamped off very lightly, spritzed with water, and stamped. I love the watercolor effect this gives! To finish off I added some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins and some blue enamel dots.

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our October Guest Designer, Tangi Crain!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C308.

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Snowflake Flurry, LJD Snowflake Splendor, Sketched Chevron Background (MFT)
Ink:
Cornflower dye ink, Gravel Gray dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Snowflake Flurry Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, medium water brush, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); sequins, heat tool



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...