Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Merry Christmas to You and Yours–CTD #363

CTD363_2015oct7


Hey, everyone, welcome to a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Wanda is out host and she has chosen a gorgeous pastel color palette for us to play with.


swatch 363

I chose to use this for a non-conventional Christmas color palette. I love pastels for Christmas and I think these color work great for that. A little unexpected, perhaps, but I’m crushin’ on them personally :)

I started with the new Stone Gray card stock—just released last night from MFT. I’m also crushin’ on this new color. OK, so I pulled out some SU! watercolor paper, since I needed cream color for the challenge, and did a watercolor wash with In the Buff dye ink and spread embossing paste through English Brick Wall Stencil for my background. After that dried, I popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape. The sentiment is from LJD Trim the Tree and was stamped Gravel Gray dye ink on In the Buff card stock, and cut out with Blueprints 12 Die-namics. To add a little more color, I added Limelight card stock cut with Blueprints 20 Die-namics and popped the whole thing up on foam.

CTD363_2015oct7b

Next, I cut Winter Wreath Die-namics twice from the new Cool As a Cucumber card stock and once from Limelight card stock and layered them up and on the card. The bow was cut from In the Buff card stock and I finished off with some clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD363 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd363 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented October Guest Designer, Michele Boyer!

Barbara Anders
(<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis – taking a few weeks off
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Michele Boyer – October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Trim the Tree (MFT)
Ink:
In the Buff dye ink, Gravel Gray dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, In the Buff card stock, Limelight card stock, Cool As a Cucumber card stock (MFT); SU watercolor paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Winter Wreath Die-namics, Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Blueprints 21 Die-namics, English Brick Wall Stencil, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); embossing paste

1fallsignature

13 comments:

  1. Your watercolor wash on the brick just brings this wreath to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! I love the soft colors and textured brick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. So soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. So soft and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the non-traditional splash of lime green and the brick wall is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo beautiful! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Barbara. I love the brick. Thanks for having me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty! Love the bricks, and the sequins for berries on the wreath are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I really love that pastel wreath! Gorgeous against the brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, so soft and pretty...love your wreath, Bar, and the brick wall is the perfect background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Love the brick background, and your layered wreath looks amazing! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...