Tuesday, October 06, 2015

MFT October Release Countdown, Day One

countdownday1_2015oct6

Hello and welcome to the final day of MFT’s October Release Countdown!!! Tonight is the night! Release is at 10pm and you’ll be able to get your hands on all the incredible products we’ve been showing you for the last five days! Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the details.  Today we’re previewing Snowflake Flurry, Snowflake Flurry Die-namics, Pop-Up Holiday Greetings Die-namics, Radial Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, Joyous Christmas Sentiments, Basic Stitch Lines Die-namics, and Sketched Chevron Background.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day1

I have two cards for you today, starting with this merry and bright one. I started with a Stone Gray card stock base. This is a new color being released this month and I love it! I love Grout Gray and this is just about the same intensity of color but a little cooler in tint. This will become another mainstay for card bases for me. Anyway, next I cut some Gold Foil card stock with Blueprints 1 Die-namics and some Ranger Watercolor paper with Blueprints 24 Die-namics and got to work. I did a watercolor wash with the new Cornflower dye ink and Safety Orange dye ink, stamped the curly line from LJD Hearts and Stitches (older set)  with Black Licorice hybrid ink and used it for my “string”. This is the first time I have ever cut a stamp but I couldn’t get the curve I wanted otherwise. I also stamped the sentiment, from Joyous Christmas Sentiments using my MISTI for perfect placement.

countdownday1_2015oct6b

Then I stamped the bells from BB Santa’s Elves and BB Santa’s Elves Die-namics on more watercolor paper, colored them with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and popped them up on foam mounting tape. To finish off I added some gold Pretty Pink Posh sequins.
*****

My second card uses the gorgeous Snowflake Flurry set along with Joyous Christmas Sentiments.

countdownday1_2015oct6_2

This card also started with a Stone Gray card stock base. Next I did a watercolor wash with Black Licorice hybrid ink (decided to try it out and it did great!) and Cornflower dye ink, stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and spread some embossing paste through the new Snowfall Stencil. On selected Snowflake Flurry Die-namics, cut from Ranger watercolor paper, I stamped the coordinating Snowflake Flurry images in this manner: I inked them up with Cornflower dye ink, gave them a couple of light spritzes of water, and stamped. That gave them a slight watercolor look that I love.

countdownday1_2015oct6_2b

I adhered some silver cord to the back, wrapped it around and secured it on the back, then popped the panel up on foam mounting tape, then finished off with a few clear gems.

And that’s it for Day One of MFT’s October Release Countdown! What a fun release this is! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you tonight at the New Product Release!


1fallsupplies
countdownday1_2015oct6



countdownday1_2015oct6_2



~Supplies~
Bells Card:
Stamps:
Joyous Christmas Sentiments, BB Santa’s Elves, LJD Hearts and Stitches (MFT
Ink:
Cornflower dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Ranger watercolor paper, Gold Foil card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 1 Die-namics, Blueprints 24 Die-namics, BB Santa’s Elves Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, Quickie Glue Pen, MISTI, Medium water brush, small water brush (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers

Snowflake Card:
Stamps:
Snowflake Flurry, Joyous Christmas Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Gravel Gray dye ink, Cornflower dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Snowflake Flurry Die-namics, Snowfall Stencil, foam mounting tape, MISTI, Medium water brush(MFT); embossing paste, clear gems

1fallsignature

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards. I especially love the Snowflake Flurry card... what is it about snowflakes???....I can't resist them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the both but the first one with the bells is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the water coloring in the first card, but both are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are gorgeous! New release is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first card with the jingle bells!! Perfect water color background with your sentiments and die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear those bells jingle all the way. Nice job Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those water color backgrounds on your cards Barbara! They are Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it another breath month
    Lots of talent

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great months lots of talent beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful jingle bells and snowflakes all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with the bells.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you did with the bells.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so beautiful!! I love the color choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...