Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hello Pumpkin–C4C #351

C4C351_2016aug27

Hello and welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! Jessie is our hostess this month and this week’s challenge is to make a holiday card: Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.

I guess I ended up with a Halloween card--not a very scary one, though. I started with a
Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I added Ranger Watercolor paper on which I’d applied a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush, stamped the sentiment from lJD Spooky Sweets with Black Licorice hybrid ink (I use hybrid ink on watercolored surfaces—it provides a crisper image), tied around some baker’s twine, then popped it up on foam mounting tape.

C4C351_2016aug27b

I wanted a watercolor look for my pumpkins, too, so I inked them up with Orange Zest dye ink, gave them a light spritzing with clean water, and stamped. I used the same technique for the stems with Jellybean Green dye ink, cut them out with LJD Spooky Sweets Die-namics, and popped them up on foam.

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C351.

Thanks for stopping by today—see you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Spooky Sweets (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Orange Zest dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LJD Spooky Sweets Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush (MFT); baker’s twine

1newsignature

1 comment:

  1. I like this colorful card. I don't do much Halloween, but this is a design that I would use throughout the Fall season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...