Tuesday, January 24, 2017

No Place Like Home--MFT January Card Kit, Countdown Day Two

cardkitday2_2017jan24


Welcome to Day Two Countdown of No Place Like Home Card Kit! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the kit details and more samples from the talented MFT Design Team.


Print

There really IS no place like home and I tried to show that with this card. I started by creating my background by doing a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors on Ranger Watercolor Paper. Then I cut all three of the houses from Home Sweet Home Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and adhered them to the background after it was dry. Next I created the house scene in living color and added it to the scene, illustrating that “no matter how far away you roam”, there really is no place like home.

cardkitday2_2017jan24b


I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of my card base with Cement Gray dye ink, added a narrow strip of paper from Trail Mix Paper Pack, and popped my card front up on the base with foam mounting tape.

And that’s it for today—thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
No Place Like Home Card Kit (MFT)
Ink:
Gravel Gray dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
No Place Like Home Card Kit, Sweet Tooth card stock, Coral Crush card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Trail Mix Paper Pack, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
No Place Like Home Card Kit, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, MISTI, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT)

1newsignature

7 comments:

  1. Sweet I love the white houses and the 1 focus point in color, very clever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you jut colored that one house to denote a home. Perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made the focal piece stand out....very nice. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card that reinforces the fact that I just HAVE TO HAVE this kit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dena Saslaw SchwartzJanuary 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM

    I really love this creation! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very sweet card, like how the white space points to house and strips below.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's airways near to see a creation that I would NEVER have thought to do. I love the white against the playful colors. MFT has the BEST card kits available.
    Kitty T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...