Monday, October 16, 2017

Snowflake Splendor–MFT’s October Card Kit Countdown, Day One

cardkitday1_2017oct16

Hey everyone! It’s time for October’s MFT Card Kit. Snowflake Splendor is SNOW gorgeous!!! It will be available for purchase tomorrow night, October 17th, at 9pm Eastern in the MFT Online Boutique. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details and more samples from the MFT Design Team.


SensationalStitchedFlowers_KitPeek

Cobalt blue is one of my very favorite colors so I thought to play the white snowflakes off of a cobalt blue watercolor wash background. Than was done with Peerless Watercolors, then I splattered some watered-down white craft pain all over for a snow flurry. Two reasons for this: I think it adds to the look and I also knew with that much embossing I’d get a good bit of stray white dots. They are perfectly camouflaged with my splatters :) I cut it with A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 and also with Peace Die-namics, the mid-month Free with $60 die. Next I stamped all around the die cut with snowflakes from Snowflake Splendor stamp set using Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.

cardkitday1_2017oct16b

Next I added some Silver Sparkle card stock to the back of the die cut with foam mounting tape and then adhered the whole thing to a Sweet Tooth card stock base. To finish off, I added a dot of Nuvo Crystal Drops – Silver Lining Metallic to the center of each snowflake. Once I got the hang of them, I’ve become addicted to Nuvo drops!!

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Two!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]
All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Snowflake Splendor
Die-namics: Peace, A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1
Specialty Inks: Versamark
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth
Specialty Papers: Ranger Watercolor, Silver Sparkle
Supplies: foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, white detail embossing powder
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, MISTI, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, Embossing Magic, water brush, Nuvo Crystal Drops – Metallic Silver Lining
Other: heat tool, white craft paint


1newsignature_thumb[1]

15 comments:

  1. Classic colors are so cool for winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cobalt blue is a fabulous color choice-beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the way you have used the individual cuts, the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love snowflake stamps and dies. They make the most beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a beautiful card Barbara, the silver backing the die cut is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card - I like the idea for many different winter celebration cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love snowflakes! MFT is killing me with all the items lately! Love love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!! Love the vibrant blue and the beautiful snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the cobalt blue, white and silver combination. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous blue snowflake card...I love the nuvo drops on this card, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...