Thursday, April 05, 2018

Congrats–MFT April Release Tips & Tricks

countdownday1_2018apr2

Hello and welcome to another new Release feature at MFT. Today we’re sharing Tips & Tricks to share some cool ideas with you using the latest Release products.

MFT_TipsTricks_Blog

To create this card I began by stenciling my background using Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, Blue Breeze Dye Ink, and a sponge dauber, then cut it with Cloud Shaker Window and Frame Die-namics and Pop-Up Numbers Die-namics. I created the shaker element using Cloud Shaker Pouches, Onyx Crystals, Marshmallow seed beads, and some tiny gold stars from my stash. Next I stamped the sentiment from Aim for the Clouds Stamp Set and added Congrats Die-namics, cut from Gold Shine card stock.

I liked it but it needed something else. When I was looking at Piñata Die-namics I thought, “Hmmmm, I think one could made a sweet little tassel out of that”. So I did ;-)

tipsandtricks_2018apr5c

I used the second layer from the bottom—the fullest layer, snipped the fringe up about twice the length that the die cut it, added some 1/8” ScorTape, and rolled it around a gold cord. It made the cutest little tassel!

tipsandtricks_2018apr5d

For the mortar board, I used Bedside Comfort for the top--it had the angle I was looking for. I cut it once for the first two sides, then moved the die 180 degrees for the other side. You have a good bit of latitude for size with this but I was trying to match it to the size of my tassel so stayed fairly small.

tipsandtricks_2018apr5e

I had a Circle STAX scrap in my stash so I used that and cut the cap with Oval STAX Set 1 to get the proper curves.

tipsandtricks_2018apr5f


I popped the top up on the cap with foam tape and secured the cord with Beetle Black Sprinkles.

tipsandtricks_2018apr5g


On the inside I stamped the sentiment from Tassel Time and it was done!

countdownday1_2018apr2b

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]


All products from
My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Aim for the Clouds, Tassel Time
Die-namics: Cloud Shaker Window & Frame, Congrats, Piñata, Bedside Comfort, Oval STAX Set 1, Pop-Up Numbers
Stencils: Mini Cloud Edges
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze, Black Licorice
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice
Specialty Papers: Gold Shine
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Onyx Crystals, Marshmallow Seed Beads, Beetle Black Sprinkles, Cloud Shaker Pouches, 1/8”Scor-Tape
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, sponge dauber
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, gold cord

1newsignature_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous graduation card! Love how you made the grad cap. Thanks for showing those steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and the pictorial is even more helpful. Fabulous graduation card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!