Sunday, December 06, 2009

A tasty gift.

So, I thought I'd make up some hot chocolate mix to have on hand for hostess gifts. I filled a pint jar up with the mix, used one of the Ball white plastic storage caps and decorated it. Then I decided it would be good to have the recipe all prettied up to include with the mix.


I'm using an image from Just Rite's Something Sweet set that I stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb paper and colored with Copic markers. I think most everything should be pretty self explanatory. I printed the recipe with my favorite Typewriter font and layered it on some new Christmas paper by American Crafts called Merrymint.


I included a tag around the jar lid with mixing instructions.


And here's the top of the jar.


One recipe will fill 7 1/2 pint jars. That should be enough with some for me to keep, too :)

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Something Sweet (Just Rite Stampers)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Merrymint 8 x 8 pad (American Crafts)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Petite Oval and Scalloped Nestabilities; Pop Dots, ribbon (craft store); twine, Vintage button (PTI)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I think I should make one of these...great gift item! I love that you used that JR mug on the recipe card...I love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea for a gift I love the colors, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice idea! I could even substitute splenda instead of sugar for my friends. It is always hard to find a diet friend treat. I love the way you decorated everything. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift! LOVE the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...