Wednesday, October 29, 2014

May Your Holidays Sparkle–MFTWSC #200

MFTWSC200_2014oct29


Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s
MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC200

As you can see, I flipped the sketch for my card today. I started with a Wild Cherry card stock base, then stamped up some Sheet Music Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice dye ink, and spread some embossing paste on it through Small Brick Wall stencil. I *should* have used Black Licorice hybrid ink, and would have if I’d been thinking, because it’s waterproof. It turned out OK, but if my embossing paste has been any wetter I’m thinking I’d have gotten some bleeding. After it dried, I sponged some Wild Cherry dye ink through the stencil onto just the bricks. Then I matted it with Black Licorice card stock to ground it. Next I stamped the sentiment, from Seasonal Sentiments on a Vertical Greetings Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I adhered that to the brick panel, tied around some silver cord with a Wild Cherry button and popped it up on foam on the base. I finished off with some silver glittery enamel dots.

Another sentiment from Seasonal Sentiments was stamped on the inside with Wild Cherry dye ink.


MFTWSC200_2014oct29in


And that’s all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Sheet Music Background, Seasonal Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Wild Cherry card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Vertical Greetings Die-namics, Small Brick Wall Stencil, Wild Cherry button (MFT); foam tape, silver cord, embossing paste, silver embossing powder (Ranger)


1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...