Thursday, October 15, 2015

Happy Hanukkah–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #250

Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

I am really loving the new Cornflower card stock and ink that was released this month—it is a gorgeous mid blue that I though would be perfect for a Hanukkah card. So, I started with a Stone Gray card stock base, then added a piece of Ranger watercolor paper on which I stamped Star Celebration Background with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and then did a watercolor wash with Cornflower dye ink. I popped that up on foam mounting tape, and following the sketch, added a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock. The next element is more Stone Gray card stock, stamped with Garden Flourish Background and Versamark to give it a very subtle look. Next I cut Hanukkah Love and Light Die-namics menorah from Cornflower card stock and the candles from Sweet Tooth card stock, coloring the flames with Copic markers.


The Star of David was cut from Silver Sparkle card stock and both were popped up on foam. The sentiment is from Happy Hanukkah and was stamped on Translucent Vellum with Versamark and also heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. I was able to hide the glue behind the sentiment and the small silver glitter enamel dots that I added to finish it off.

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Happy Hanukkah, Star Celebration Background, Garden Flourish Background (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Cornflower card stock, Ranger Watercolor paper, Translucent Vellum (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Hanukkah Love and Light Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder (MFT); enamel dots, heat tool, Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. I know you made this 5 years ago, but it’s just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it’s been 5 years since you made this card but it’s beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...