Friday, October 16, 2015

I’m So Sorry–MFTCPC #31

MFTColorChallenge31_2015oct9


Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Hot Fudge, Steel Blue, Lemon Chiffon, and Persimmon. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.



And here’s my card. I admit I struggled with this palette a bit, but I finally came up with a sympathy card. I started with a Hot Fudge card stock base, and using the latest sketch, I added a panel of Sweet Tooth card stock
edged with the new MFT Basic Stitch Lines Die-namics and with some hemp baker’s twine tied around, then popped up on foam mounting tape. Next is a panel of Ranger water color paper cut out with Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics on which I did a wash using Steel Blue dye ink along with a little bit of Sno Cone dye ink. Steel Blue is on the blue side of the scale but the ink wasn’t showing up blue enough for me so I added the Sno Cone—love how that worked!

MFTColorChallenge31_2015oct9b


Next I stamped up an image from LJD Peaceful Wildflowers several times on LJD Wildflowers Die-namics with Persimmon dye ink and Lemon Chiffon dye ink and arranged them in a “vase” I created with Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics and Sketched Chevron Background. I finished off with some enamel dots.










~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Peaceful Wildflowers, Sketched Chevron Background (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Blue dye ink, Sno Cone dye ink, Persimmon dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Hot Fudge dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Hot Fudge card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Basic Stitch Lines Die-namics, Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics, Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics, LJD Wildflowers Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); hemp baker’s twine, enamel dots




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...