Friday, October 02, 2015

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas–MFT October Release Countdown, Day Five

countdownday5_2015oct2

Hello and welcome to the first day of MFT October Release Countdown! As my title suggests, this is mainly Christmas month at MFT, with a few other amazing things thrown in, such as NEW COLORS OF CARD STOCK AND INK!!! Yes, six new colors are releasing this month, along with two new patterned paper pads, and they. are. all. awesome! Today we’re previewing LJD Trim the Tree, LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics, Gift Tag Greetings, Tag Builder 4 Blueprints Die-namics, Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack, and Farm Fresh Gingham Paper Pack along with the new colors. Check out ALL of the details at the MFT Blog. Release is October 6 at 10pm.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day5

So, now that the basic introductions are made let me show you what I did with a few of today’s products. First up is a card using LJD Trim the Tree and LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics. It’s CAS and I love how it turned out. Would be pretty easy to mass produce, too, I think. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then on a piece of Ranger Watercolor paper, I did a wash with Blu Raspberry dye ink, splattered some Black Licorice dye ink, and stamped the garland image from the set in a curved design—easy to manipulate this image on a stamp block pretty much any way you want it to go. It and the sentiment were stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink. Then I cut out the ornaments from LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics, also from watercolor paper, and “colored” the stamps with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers. I did a light mist with water and stamped—I love the soft look that gives them!!

countdownday5_2015oct2b

I popped the ornaments up on foam mounting tape and it was done!!!
*****

countdownday5_2015oct2_2

Next up is a tag I made with Tag Builder 4 Blueprints Die-namics, Gift Tag Greetings, and the also new Candy Stripes Background--more about that in coming days. I stamped up some paper with it using a new color, Green-Eyed Monster dye ink and Wild Cherry dye ink, cut out my tag, front and back and another layer for the inside because my cutting plate is SO marked up and I wanted a clean looking surface on the inside because I knew I was going to stamp on the back. I made a shaker element with heat resistant acetate for the window, die cuts from Tag Builder 4 Blueprints Die-namics and Pretty Pink Posh beads for inside. The sentiment on the inside is from Gift Tag Greetings, stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink. The little holly sprig is from another new set you’ll be seeing more of soon: BB Santa’s Elves and was colored with Copic markers and popped up on foam.

countdownday5_2015oct2_2b

On the back, I stamped more images from Gift Tag Greetings, including this holly sprig, also stamped with Green-Eyed Monster dye ink and Wild Cherry dye ink, to carry out the holly theme.

And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for more Christmas in October!!


1fallsupplies
countdownday5_2015oct2




countdownday5_2015oct2_2



~Supplies~
Ornament Card:
Stamps:
LJD Trim the Tree (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LJD Trim the Tree Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers

Tag:
Stamps:
Gift Tag Greetings, Candy Stripes Background, BB Santa’s Elves (MFT)
Ink:
Green-Eyed Monster dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Green-Eyed Monster card stock, heat resistant acetate (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Tag Builder 4 Blueprints Die-namics, Pretty Pink Posh beads, foam mounting tape (MFT); Copic markers, baker’s twine

1fallsignature

19 comments:

  1. As always Barbara, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and I really love the tag....love tags and it's so fun to see ideas I can incorporate into my design. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornament card is beautiful! So simple and sincere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those new ink colors! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute projects! Thank goodness for the tiny dies - I would hate to have to cute out each ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card...love the softness. cute tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these projects! Your card is so soft & pretty & i love the shaker tag with the gorgeous new colors and stamps! i'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is just so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creations! I especially like the fun shaker tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card and tag are amazing Barbara. I had to pin them to try myself. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card & tag. The card is so soft & pretty! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so clean, so simple, so beautiful card and the tag amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered how you made those cloud like shapes with what looked like a border stamp -- duh! That's why I'm a subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tag ideas are great, Barbara. Thanks always for your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both the card and the tag are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...