Saturday, October 03, 2015

MFT October Release Countdown, Day Four + a Video

countdownday4_2015oct3

Hello, and welcome to Day Four of MFT’s October Release Countdown!!! So, how’d you like yesterday’s previews? Pretty dang awesome, right? Well, hold on to your hats, ‘cause we’ve got plenty more to show you. Today we’re previewing BB Santa's Elves, BB Santa's Elves Die-namics, Candy Stripes Background Builder, Santa Suit Die-namics, Fireplace Die-namics, Hand Lettered Holiday, and Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics. As always, get all the details at the MFT Blog and remember that release is on October 6th at 10pm.

NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

I have a lot to show you today so let’s get to it! First up I’ve created a little scene using several of the products being previewed today. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base and added some paper from the new Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack—love me some gray wallpaper :) Then I built Fireplace Die-namics with sweet Tooth card stock, the fire box is the new Gravel Gray card stock and look at that fire! Right down to the wrought iron grate! I used the new Sunshine card stock as one of the colors in the fire, the new Poppy card stock for the stockings, and Elf Green card stock and Green-Eyed Monster card stock for the greenery on the mantle. The holly sprigs are from BB Santa’s Elves and was also fussy cut out. My little elf is from BB Santa’s Elves and was stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb with Black Licorice hybrid ink, colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out before being popped up on foam. The sentiment is from Gift Tag Greetings and is framed with the new Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics.

countdownday4_2015oct3b

Fireplace Die-namics is a classic design and I can see it being used year ‘round, can’t you?
*****

Next up is Santa Suit Die-namics. I might have squealed a bit when I took this out of the design team package. How stinkin’ CUTE is this?!?!

I have two projects using it for you today—the first one is a card. All of the parts you need are in the die set—you choose the papers and go to town!

Speaking of papers, I have a little video showing you how I stamped the Candy Stripe Background Builder on yesterday’s tag and the one hanging off of Santa’s belt below. You can view it HERE in HD or click on the button below.




countdownday4_2015oct3_2


I actually added some fun flock to my “fur” areas on this project—not sure if you can see that or not, but it adds fun dimension to it.

countdownday4_2015oct3_2b


And I heat embossed the belt card stock with clear embossing powder (two coats) to give it some shine.

countdownday4_2015oct3_2c

The tag is from Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics. I used Candy Stripes Background Builder, Green-Eyed Monster dye ink and Wild Cherry dye ink to make the striped paper and Green-Eyed Monster card stock for the “eyelet”. Another holly sprig from BB Santa’s Elves embellish it, this one along with the coordinating die from BB Santa’s Elves Die-namics.
*****

While I was making the card above, it occurred to me that it would make a great front to a gift bag :) So, I gave it a try and love how it turned out!

countdownday4_2015oct3_3

This time I left the white card stock as is and used black mirror card stock for the belt. Another tag from Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics

countdownday4_2015oct3_3b

…with another sentiment on the back. This came together really quickly—a great way to make a custom gift bag.

And that’s it for Day Four of MFT’s October Release Countdown! I had so much FUN creating these projects!! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you back tomorrow when I’ll have more to show you.


1fallsupplies
countdownday4_2015oct3



countdownday4_2015oct3_2




countdownday4_2015oct3_3



~Supplies~
Fireplace Card:
Stamps:
BB Santa’s Elves, Gift Tag Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Kraft dye ink, Chocolate Brown dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Poppy card stock, Elf Green card stock, Green-Eyed Monster card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Kraft card stock, Orange Zest card stock, Sunshine card stock, Gravel Gray card stock, Calm & Cozy Chevron Paper Pack (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fireplace Die-namics, Stitched Arch STAX Die-namics, Wild Greenery Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); Copic markers

Santa Suit Card: 
Stamps:
Candy Stripes Background Builder, Gift Tag Greetings, BB Santa’s Elves (MFT)
Ink:
Green-Eyed Monster dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Wild Cherry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Green-Eyed Monster card stock (MFT); gold mirror paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
BB Santa’s Elves Die-namics, Santa Suit Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); Fun Flock, Copic markers, hemp baker’s twine

Santa Suit Gift Bag: 
Stamps:
Candy Stripes Background Builder, Gift Tag Greetings (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Wild Cherry card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); black mirror paper, gold mirror paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Santa Suit Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); hemp baker’s twine, green embossing powder, heat tool

1fallsignature

18 comments:

  1. I really love the greenery on the mantle and the texture you added to the Santa suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are amazing, I love the scene in the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute....love the Santa suit and love the fireplace set...so many ideas you have given me....thanks so much. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards, tags and bag....love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous projects! Love all the little details added!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh Barbara what cute cards. I love all the details you put together in that fireplace scene. Same for the Santa, right down to a "patent leather" belt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cute elf card and that was a lot of work putting it together. So cute though and worth the effort.
    The Santa suit is fabulous and the gift bag is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your elf and fireplace card is so darn cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- you went all out! Thanks for all of the inspiration! The elf is so great with the fireplac or anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barb, I know I've been AWOL in the comment department, but I'm a subscriber, so I've seen all your work and I still love everything you do! Thanks for the video on how to do the diagonal stripes -- you probably saved me a good amount of time! :) I love your bag and all the different ways you used the tag blueprints too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your cards. My favorite is the first one with that cute elf and the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This elf is definitely the cutest thing south of the North Pole! You did a great job with the lay-out, Barbara. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your details on your Santas. The mantle-scape on your first card is The Best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This suit die just thrills me!! Can't wait to try some of your techniques!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the decorations on the mantle and the little elf. Great Santa bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Fabulous projects--what fun ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried it, but you should be able to make the candy stripe design on a larger sheet with either vertical or horizontal stripes and then cut the regular card size panel out on a diagonal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...