Tuesday, January 24, 2017

No Place Like Home–MFT January Card Kit Release

cardkitdayrelease_2017jan24


Hi, everyone, are you ready??!! No Place Like Home Card Kit is now available for purchase in the MFT Boutique! You’ve seen some amazing samples over the last couple of days from the design team and that’s just the tip of the creative iceberg—so many things you can do with this kit. Be sure to check by the MFT Blog for more info and more samples, then go snag yours! Remember, we now have a new free with $60 die available for our customers with every kit release. It will be the free die (while supplies last) for the duration of the month until the next release. The new Free with $60 die for January is the Stitched Tiny Tags Die-namics.


Print

I have a card for you to show you another fun design for using your kit. Did I say FUN? I had so much fun creating this card that it ought to be illegal! I had the idea to use the large keyhole from Lock & Key Die-namics as a window to the scene inside the card. To do this, I cut the keyhole in my card base first, lined up another piece of card stock for the front and cut it in the same place. Then I applied molding paste through English Brick Wall Stencil, allowed it to dry, and sponged Brick Red dye ink through the stencil. Then, on foam mounting tape, I popped up the sentiment, which was stamped with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with Blueprints 20 Die-namics, and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.

cardkitdayrelease_2017jan24in


For the inside, first I sponged some clouds using Blue Breeze dye ink and a template created with Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics, and created my scene using Home Sweet Home Die-namics. You’ll see Stitched Valley Die-namics peeking through and the street was made using Cement Gray card stock with the lines hand drawn with a Uni-Ball White Gel Pen. Seriously a fun card to make!

And there you have it!
No Place Like Home Card Kit is now available in the MFT online store so go get yours!!! You’ll be glad you did :) Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
No Place Like Home Card Kit (MFT)
Ink:
Cement Gray dye ink, Brick Red dye ink, Blue Breeze dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
No Place Like Home Card Kit, Black Licorice card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
No Place Like Home Card Kit, Stitched Cloud Edges Die-namics, Stitched Valley Die-namics, Blueprints 20 Die-namics, English Brick Wall Stencil, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen, palette knife, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, MISTI, Uni-Ball White Gel Pen (MFT)

1newsignature

30 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I especially love your use of the key hole die on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing how you made this card. You make it sound so easy. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, my darling, please for the love of all that's holy stop making me say bad words. This second card is so darn cute I can't stand it. And I KNEW someone would make "something" looking thru the keyhole. I'm glad my kits on its way. I can see so many additional "pieces" to be added here. Cars. Planes. More plants. A church.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love how you create these cards. The scene is absolutely pretty. Perfect day to be in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful card! Love all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cards. Smitten by the first one with the key hole. Fantastic kit. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Barbara! Your design and creativity is amazing!! You really made the most of this darling kit!! Love the textures on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards, I particularly like the keyhole one, it really does feel like I'm peering through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing cards! I really liked the perspective on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card using the keyhole that way. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL....kpsss.....nailed it! this is an awesome release! and you did a fantastic job! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very cool design with the key hole!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely cards and great inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you used the keyhole die in the first card. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was wondering how to use that large keyhole and you did it. Love the neighborhood you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just the way I hope to use the skeleton keyhole die. Love the addition of the paste bricks. Any new neighbor would be floored!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love looking through the keyhole.
    The bricks are a great idea.
    the scene in the second card is
    great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So EXCITED about this adorable card kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both cards! But the firs one is my favorite.Amazing idea!!!! I must try to make something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards. I simply adore the one looking through the key hole!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a pretty card and the design is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab cards. Love that this kit includes these fun key and key hole die, and I love how you used the key hole die on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute cards. The first one is brilliant! Love the peeking through the keyhole ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Genius design, Barbara, using the keyhole as a window to your darling neighborhood scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...