Monday, September 28, 2009

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!

First, let me say I am head over heels in love with this project! It's for My Favorite Things' My Favorite Challenge from last Thursday, which was to use buttons. Well, I'm sure you know by now that was no challenge to me--I {heart} buttons!

Last fall, and for Christmas, I did several sets of these resin letters from Michaels but only put paper on them. I decided to embellish up this BOO set and I love it!!! I'm hoping to have time to add some fun stuff to the ones I did last year. Anyway, I used several MFT sets for this project: Too Cute to Spook, Totally Witchin', Ghoulish Labels, and Trick or Treat With Who's That Girl. (A couple of the sets seem to be sold out, but keep checking back!) DP is from the new Eerie 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey. These letters come painted white, so I set right to applying the paper--which I do with a glue stick (no mess like with Mod Podge), letting it set over night. Then I cut around the letter with my craft knife and sanded the edges with a sanding block. For this set, I distressed the letters with Black Soot Ranger Distressing Ink before adding the embellishments. Lots of cutting out with this project but it was so worth it! I colored the images with Copic markers and added buttons and bows and tiny orange eyes to most of the critters. This was a totally fun project and I know I'll enjoy it for years to come!

I'm so glad you dropped by! Hope you like this project!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Totally Witchin', Too Cute to Spook, Ghoulish Labels, Trick or Treat With Who's That Girl (MFT)
Paper: Eerie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: ribbon, Pearl cotton, flat back beads (craft store); Copic markers; witch and bad punches (Martha Stewart), Vintage Buttons (PTI)


12 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH!!!! omgosh!!! Barbara, this project is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! I just love everything you've done here and may have to case this for my own home decor! So sweet!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that project. What a fun decoration for Halloween. Great. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb WOW I love this so much!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE these letters!!! I tried to do something similar a few years ago with foam board, but these would be a heck of a lot faster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty Barbara, I love the papers, what a wonderful work. Happy monday! Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome!!! LOVE all the embellishment you added, and it looks spooktacular with the Eerie papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! These letters are awesome! I love all the embellishments you've added and yes; the buttons are a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I'm head over heels in love with this too! You can't buy Halloween decorations like this in the store...this is the type of decoration I would put in my house (and I don't really decorate for Halloween anymore). Thanks for sharing your technique. I have had three of these letters for YEARS. At least 5 years. They spell TIA (my daughter)...and they're still painted white. Oh, and are still in the cellophane wrapping. Sad...I know. Anyway, now that I know I can use a glue stick and I have this beautiful inspiration, I MIGHT just get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhh, this is too cool! So many AWESOME details!! Wonderfully done, Barbara. You have serious talent, girl. Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project! I absolutely love it! I have to decorate this weekend..I love halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...