Monday, September 07, 2009

Creepy Crawlies

I'm last minute getting Mercy's Sketch done again. Seems to be a pattern ;-) Anyway, this is for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge # 37. A very fun sketch, as always!

A very dear friend wanted me to make some Halloween cards for her to give to her grand kids and one's a teen-aged boy. This card is what I came up with for him. I'm using My Favorite Things' Ghoulish Labels set again. I just love this spider!!! I stamped him (her?) three times on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut/embossed it with a circle Nestabilities die. I added some tiny flat backed pearl "eyes" that I think make the card when you see it in real life. I drew in the spiders' string with a black pen and went over that with a Sakura Clear Star glitter pen. Then I added a Basic Black layer, also cut/embossed with a circle die. The DP is from K & Co. Halloween mat pad and I'm using Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango card stock. I love that goo border punch! I'm thinkin' that this card will work quite nicely for that teen-aged boy, don't you?

I'm so glad you stopped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Ghoulish Labels (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White (SU!); Halloween mat pack (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities circle dies; foam tape, flat backed pearls (craft store); goo border punch (Martha Stewart); black pen; Sakura Clear Star glitter pen



6 comments:

  1. This is cute!! I wasn't sold on that goo punch, but now I think I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Great design and the goo punch border looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!! Thanks for visiting my blog :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love this cute halloween card! i gotta get that oozing border punch! :)

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for last week, and i hope to see you again this week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Great use of the drippy goo punch... your friend will find this one perfect for the grandchild!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...