Sunday, September 13, 2009

Totally Witchin'--MTSC #38

First of all, can I say I love this card? 'Cause I do, LOL!! First of all, this set, Totally Witchin' is so stinkin' cute!! And Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #38 is rockin'! And I love how I cut out that spider web! And... OK, I'll stop now ;-)

I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. Paper is Cosmo Cricket "Haunted" and card stock is Basic Black and More Mustard. I think most of it is pretty obvious, but I wanted to point out that for the spider web, I stamped it on More Mustard with Versamark and heat embossed it with black detail embossing powder. I felt this would give it a little more strength for the next step: cutting out the spaces with a craft knife. I held my breath almost the entire time, LOL--I just knew I'd get almost done and slip up. But happlily, I finished it up without mishap :) The spider was done with a punch, and I added golden jewels for eyes. I also added black metal brads--which is for My Favorite Things My Favorite Challenge #16--to use metal on the project. Can I say it again? I love it ;-)

I'm so glad you dropped by today--I hope you like this card as much as I do!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Totally Witchin' (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black, More Mustard (SU!); Haunted (Cosmo Cricket); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders label tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, Perle cotton, brads, jewels (craft store); Copic markers; black detail embossing powder, heat gun; Embossing Buddy (SU!), craft knife; spider punch (Martha Stewart)

7 comments:

  1. OMStars! You have WAY more patience than I do, to cut out that spider web like that! It's amazing, and an incredible card! You should be pleased with it! I love the richer colors of this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Barbare, I love your card, the colors are very pretty! The image is fab! TFS! hugs and happy sunday. Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!Barbara this card is awesome. The web is tooo cool! Thanks for the encouragement as Im finally getting the hang of the blogging thing!:) I have several creations from the treasures you sent, just haven't gotten them posted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. barb...this is perfection in every way! what an amazing halloween card!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week, and i can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your Halloween card. Thanks so much for playing along with us on Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...