Friday, December 18, 2009

CAS Snow - Stamp Simply #118

Christmas is fast approaching, so if you're still not done with your Christmas cards Sharon's got a challenge that's bound to help you git 'er done! Here's what she says:

Dec 18 - ssnotime118 - CAS Snow -- Today's challenge is to incorporate some snowy aspect to your creation. Use anything on your card that says SNOW -- anything wintery, snowy, icy, etc. Let's just get some white and sparkly snow on our cards. Some of us will have the real thing for Christmas and some won't, so lets just sprinkle some snow in cyberland today! And let's try for Clean and Simple today as well!

My card is quite simple and went together really fast! I planned it all in my head on my way home from work and wonders of wonders--it turned out pretty much exactly the way it looked in my head, LOL! That RARELY happens!

So, I liked a similar card I made last week so much I started out with the same Kraft base and built on that. I stamped the sentiment, from PTI's Signature Christmas on the Kraft top layer, then scored a couple of lines with my Scor Pal. Then I ran the top part through my Cuttlebug with the Snowflake folder and swiped a Fresh Snow ink pad over the raised design. That was a little too stark for the feel I wanted for this card, so I took a paper towel and sort of rubbed it into the card stock. Yes! That's what I wanted--just a subtle difference. Then I tied 7/8" black and ivory gingham ribbon from Sharon's store around and attached a bow and a black Vintage button with Jute Rustic Twine. Non-traditional colors, for sure, but I love it!

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime118 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team!

Michelle Woerner - December Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Signature Christmas (PTI)

Paper:
Kraft, Basic Black (SU!)

Ink:
Versifine Onyx Black

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/Snowflake embossing folder (Provocraft); ribbon (May Arts); Vintage button and Rustic Twine (PTI); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers); ScorPal


16 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I love that color combo and it looks beautiful with the embossed snowflakes. Perfect CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my wow, this is FABULOUS, Bar!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, this is right up my vintage alley, I love this! That PTI sentiment works perfectly, and I love that embossed technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. Kraft and a touch of black is always a great combo.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous black and kraft! I love the gingham ribbon touch, along with the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this design Barb -- too pretty and love how CAS it is!!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Barbara! Love the colors and the beautiful simplicity of it! I may have to case this as I'm STILL working on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a striking card! LOVE the colors too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really really like this! It's rustic and simple and just so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb this is stunning, I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous and if you don't mind, I am definitely going to CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS CAS CARD - Barbara!!! The colors are rockin'...love this card!!!

    Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this -- that ribbon/button/twine is just the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Barbara! Thanks once again for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! I'm glad you've had so much fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card. Every detail is just perfect. Thank you for explaining how you made it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...