Monday, December 28, 2009

You're on my mind

I have a good friend who's going through a very rough time right now and I thought maybe this would cheer her up just a tiny bit and let her know I'm thinking about her.

I think this is probably my first totally PTI card. It's not perfect, but not *too* bad for my first time using the background polka dots. I didn't notice it until I'd sewn all around so I just left it--'course it *would* be right at the top, LOL! I guess that just means I'll have to practice with them lots more to get it right ;-) And I love the gridded paper for using the Guidelines and Mega Guidelines stamps. It's a HUGE help! And did I mention I love the Guidelines--mega and otherwise? LOVE the little patterned paper I made. Yep, I'll be doing more of this, for sure.

Anyway, I stamped the polka dots with Spring Moss on Aqua Mist paper and the Guide Lines and Mega Guide Lines with Spring Moss and Aqua Mist on the Guidelines paper. I stamped the focal image from the new Blooming Button Bits on PTI white paper with Spring Moss and added Aqua Mist Vintage buttons.Then I cut/embossed it with a Classic Oval Nestabilities die and sponged the edges with Vintage Touch ink in Chai Tea. I tied Aqua Mist saddle stitched ribbon around in a bow and added the tag, cut/embossed with a Spellbinders Tags Trio die. I guess that's it. These background stamps really are a ton of fun! Can't wait to try them out again!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Guidelines, Giga Guidelines, Polkadot Basics, Blooming Button Bits (PTI)
Paper: Guidelines I, Aqua Mist, White (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Oval Nestabilities, Tags Trio (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares (craft store); Vintage Buttons, Vintage twine (PTI); sewing machine


7 comments:

  1. Very soft and pretty Barbara. Your friend will appreciate your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this I will order this stamp set the on my next order with PTI

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's ANOTHER Button Bits set? Geez, I'm in trouble! This is beautiful! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft look of your card. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty with the subtle color and the fun buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS!!! WOW! I adore this new set and the colors are awesome, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...