Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Amaryllis Gift Tag - FTTC #96

It's time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC96)! This week Silke Ledlow is our challenge host and Silke is challenging us to 3D Holiday Gifts! A card can be made to go along with your gift, but a 3D Christmas gift item is the main challenge! We look forward to seeing what you create!

OK, so I didn't REALLY do a 3D project. BUT I had a great idea for a gift and ran with it--that counts, right? It's *for* a gift. Right? I had one more flower from the A Year In Flowers Set 3 to do - December - and it's perfect for a tag for a gift of an amaryllis bulb. You know, the little kits you get with the pot, the soil less potting medium, and the bulb, all in one box. I love them and thought it would be a perfect little giftie for a co-worker. Here it is hanging on a Kraft bag--I keep lots of these on hand since they go with pretty much everything.


And here's a close up of the tag. I stamped the image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I truly love these images and I'm sorry this is the last one (sniff, sniff). They've been so much fun to do throughout this year.

After I colored it, I cut it out, then proceeded to make the tag. I used a manilla tag as the base, and added some patterned paper from Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa 6 x 6 pad, matted with Always Artichoke. Then I cut a circle of more patterned paper with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die, layered some card stock on it and sponged all the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Finally, I popped the colored image up on the circle and added a little twill bow.
And here are the Copics I used.

Now, be sure to go see what my team mates did with this challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: A Year In Flowers 3 (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Always Artichoke (SU!); Waiting For Santa 6 x 6 pad (Webster's Pages)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); twill (MFT); Copic markers; manilla label

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Barbara. My sister just yesterday gave me an Amaryllis in a beautifully decorated Christmas pot. Your tag is colored so perfectly and looks great on the kraft bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gift bag and tag Barbara!!! Love it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, what a beautiful gift tag!! Your coloring is totally fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamp with the Webster's paper could not BE more perfect together! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, your coloring on this tag is Spot on! The gift bag and tag are a wonderful set, but that Amaryllis is Fantastic! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY the Prettiest tag I have ever seen!! I Love, Love it! You have such great talent, I love to see what you make!! You are truly a creative lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most beautiful tag every. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, this is so gorgeous! Your amaryllis is colored so beautifully! Gorgeous bag tag and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...