Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Candy - FTTC #97


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC97)! This week Maki Jones is our challenge host! Maki is challenging us to a theme! The theme is all about food and drink! Create a card or project that showcases some yummy treats either real or stamped! We look forward to seeing what delicious looking creations you make!

OMGosh!! It's less than two weeks until Christmas!! How did that happen??? When I was a little girl, we always used to have hard candy for Christmas, and this candy border from Christmas Borders brings back those memories. I know this challenge is about Christmas FOOD, but candy is one of the five main food groups, right? ;-)

I decided to make this a CAS card to really showcase this gorgeous border--plus it should be easy to mail, and I still have to mail out Christmas cards! I stamped the image on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I tied a black button on with some red metallic cord (I'm loving this cord for Christmas cards--less bulky than ribbon). The sentiment is from Flourished Christmas framed with a little paper piercing (haven't done that in a while!).

Now, be sure to go see what my team mates did with this challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Christmas Borders, Flourished Chrismas (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Real Red, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Copic markers; paper piercer/mat/template (SU!); cord (craft store); button (PTI); foam tape (Scotch)


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!! Love the coloring!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...love this sweet & yummy card Barbara!! Beautiful coloring and wonderful way to use the cord and button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Barbara! You brought the candy to live with your fabbo coloring and glitter! Another gorgeous CAS design! Happy holidays ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't this cute!! LOVE that candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous, Barbara! Love the coloring and sparkle detailing on the candies! Yummy card for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this fun card!! Ribbon candy takes me back to childhood:) Too fun!!
    BTW Congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE! I LOVE the piercing on either side of the sentiment, and the candy is so bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...