Sunday, December 26, 2010

Papertrey December Blog Hop Challenge


It's been several months since I had a chance to participate in the PTI Blog Hop so I decided to make it a point to join in this month. I just got my December release goodies and I think I tried to use almost all of them on this project, LOL!

Here's this month's challenge:

Holiday Leftovers

It's that time again for our annual holiday leftovers challenge!  Use scraps of wrapping paper, parts of
holiday cards, recycle gift tags or bits of ribbon on a paper crafting project.  We all have plenty of it laying around after all the holiday excitement and this is your chance to incorporate some of those pretty

little things into an amazing piece of art!

The holiday leftovers on my project are the pieces of gingham ribbon. I received a gift with this ribbon on it and I saved it because I knew it would come in handy - and it did!


All products are PTI except the black Pearl cotton, the ribbon, and the little heart shaped rhinestones. this was a fun project to make and it will look really good hanging on a special Valentine's Day gift :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Be sure to check out all the other fabulous projects at Nichole's blog. Participants will be uploading there all day today, between 10:00am and 11:00pm EST.

~Supplies~
Stamps: Love Tags, Mat Stack 2 Collection (PTI)
Paper: True Black, Black and White Basics, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, Simple Valentine (PTI)
Ink: True Black (PTI)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Mat Stack 2, Tag Sale 2; Flag, Heart Prints dies, button (PTI); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); ribbon (stash); Pearl cotton, rhinestones (craft store)


41 comments:

  1. I love that ribbon too! Great start to your valentine's treasures. I like your color combo of red, white and black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and the ribbon worked out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Love how you re-used that pretty red gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Bar! I love all those little details and saving ribbon is a habit of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You DID use a lot of PTI goodies! LOVE this tag! That ribbon was a GREAT save! LOVE your new blog pic of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag Barbara...I just got those dies for Christmas...Now I can use them for Valentine's with your great creation. You're the best!!! I'm so blessed to call you my friend. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous and the backround paper is lovely.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tag is gorgeous. And so is the ribbon. I love gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bar, this is too cute. Love that ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag! Great colors for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet tag! Isn't it great that you can reuse the red accents of Christmas in your Valentine's cards?! Love how you used the Mat Stack die as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet tag. I'm sure the recipient will be impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your creation. You put that ribbon to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty!! i am so ready to start working on sweet valentines too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag is so pretty and love the gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty tag. I would have kept that ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, so cute- and so forward thinking to make a valentines tag! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the patterns you used and how they all stay within the same color scheme - very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Barbara!! I love the gingham with the black & white! And, the pearls on the tree are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh all of the patterns look so great together in those colors! What an awesome little tag, and I definitely would have saved that lovely gingham ribbon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute, cute Valentine's tag!! The ribbon is a perfect match for this little project :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great little valentine tag.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the tiny heart rhinestones added to the stamped image!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the gingham ribbon with the pretty black dp.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous V-Day tag!!! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great save! I love the gingham ribbon and it is perfect for the Valentine card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely tag Barbara, I like that gingham ribbon too. Hope your holidays were happy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Baerb this is FABULOUS. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cute Valentine tag. I totally would've save that ribbon, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the colors! look at you, reusing Christmas for Valentines, you get extra points for that. it's so cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the color combo, the stamp, the way you colored it... it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Barb, Commented earlier that I love your creation! Wanted to let you know the damask paper from my post is from My Mind's Eye Lush collection! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What gorgeous tag! I've just started getting into tags and this one takes the cake! Great use of ribbon and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Totally adorable! LOVE the gingham, of course! I hope everyone is clicking on the picture for a close-up to see all the awesome details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...