Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Pursuits Challenge - Christmas Trees Redux

Well, here I am back with this week's Christmas Pursuits Challenge. My challenge to myself for this week was to glitter up the little trees from last week and make one larger tree using my Cricut. 

Here are the little trees in all their glittered glory. I love 'em! the glitter makes all the difference in the world! I used liquid glue and more Prisma glitter on the edges of each section. Whatcha think?


And, I fired up the old Cricut and made one 5' tree. I used a file from the Very Merry Tags cartridge and just nipped off the loop from the top. My friend Kirsty had the cartridge and gave the tree a trial run for me before I went to the expense of buying it. Thanks, Kirsty!  It went together just as easily as the PTI die one did, and here it is next to one of the smaller ones for comparison.


You'll notice the larger one has no glitter. The smaller ones used up a good bit of my precious store of Prisma glitter and this one would have finished it off. So, I've got to get more and then I'll glitter this one up. I tried Stickles on it but I didn't like it--tried applying it and spreading it with my finger. See?


Looks nasty, so I'll wait until I get more glitter. But I really love how the tree turned out! 

OK, I met my challenge to myself. YAY!!! My challenge to myself for next week is to make at least one larger tree using the Cricut. I'm thinking 6" will be tall enough. Much larger than that and I'll have to use a whole 8 1/2" x 11" sheet for each section. I'll see how it works out--may go larger if I can without too much paper waste.

That's it for me today.Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll all join me in getting a head start on next Christmas with the Christmas Pursuits Challenge!


~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper: Mellow Moss, Crumb Cake (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: None
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Stacking Stars Die-namics dies (MFT); glitter (PTI); Xyron X sticker maker; Cricut and Very Merry Tags cartridge


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I was LMBO over your "looks nasty" comment. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have those trial trees up on my shelf in my crafty room...cut out of cheap white CS, complete with loops on the top.

    Your trees are lookin' good! Love the glitter on the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like anything you could make would look nasty! What's up with that? These are awesome! Can't wait to see what you end up doing with the whole grouping!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...