Monday, March 02, 2015

MFT March Release Countdown, Day Two

countdownday2a_2015mar2


Hi, all, it’s Day Two of MFT’s March Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing LLD Television Die-namics, LLD Stay Tuned Stamp Set, Happy Die-namics, Totally Happy Stamp Set, Happy Trio Die-namics – Free with $60. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog to get all of today’s details, and don’t forget, release is tomorrow night, March 3rd, at 10pm!


NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

OMWow!! Laina has done it again! LLD Television Die-namics and LLD Stay Tuned Stamp Set are outrageously awesome!!! Takes me back a few years, for sure! My first card plays to the whole black and white thing so I kept it pretty simple to go along with that. I started with a Kraft card stock base. LLD Television Die-namics was cut from Brick Red card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Kraft dye ink. The screen border was cut from silver metallic paper, as was the antennae. The antennae base and the TV base were cut from Black Licorice card stock. The screen images were stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock in a “test pattern” and the sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I found through trial and error that the best way to do this was to stamp the test pattern and step away from it for a while. It had to be COMPLETELY dry before adding embossing powder or I got a lot of stray particles clinging to the whole thing. I popped the TV cabinet on top of the screen with foam mounting tape and adhered the whole thing to the card base. The sentiment was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and also heat embossed with white embossing powder.

On the INSIDE, I stamped another sentiment from the set and added some silver glitter stars, cut with Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics.

countdownday2a_2015mar2in
*****

My second card celebrates the advent of color televisions :)

countdownday2b_2015mar2


This card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next up is a piece of Grout Gray card stock stamped with Damask Background and Grout Gray dye ink, popped up on foam mounting tape for my “wallpaper”. I television was created with Chocolate Brown card stock for the case, silver metallic paper for the screen surround and parts of the antennae. Black Licorice card stock was used for the antennae arms and TV base. The screen was created using strips of, left to right, Safety Orange card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock, Grape Jelly card stock, and Wild Cherry card stock. After it was assembled I popped it up on foam mounting tape for dimension. I made a little stand for it using Brick Red card stock stamped with Wood Plank Background and Kraft dye ink, popping it up on foam as well.

On the INSIDE, I stamped another sentiment from the set using Black Licorice dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Sno Cone dye ink, Gumdrop Green dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, and Wild Cherry dye ink. I have to tell you that I could NEVER have gotten that COLOR part done so perfectly without my brand new MISTI!! And my Damask Background has never looked so good--y’all, that thing is MAGIC!!!!!

countdownday2b_2015mar2in 

And that’s it for today! Thanks SO much for stopping by—see you back tomorrow for the last day of March Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday2a_2015mar2





countdownday2b_2015mar2



~Supplies~
This Is a Test Card:
Stamps:
LLD Stay Tuned, Wood Plank Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Brick Red card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); silver metallic card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Television Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); white embossing powder, heat tool

Please Stand By Card:
Stamps:
LLD Stay Tuned, Wood Plank Background, Damask Background (MFT)
Ink:
Grout Gray dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Safety Orange dye ink, Sno Cone dye ink, Gumdrop Green dye ink, Grape Jelly dye ink, Wild Cherry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Chocolate Brown card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Brick Red card stock, Safety Orange card stock, Sno Cone card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock, Grape Jelly card stock, Wild Cherry card stock (MFT); metallic silver card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Television Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); white embossing powder, heat tool

 1CAS Signature2

18 comments:

  1. Terrific cards, Barb! Like both designs! Great new die set and sentiments. My MISTI is growing on me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards! Love these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so beautiful and awesome, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute....Your cards made me chuckle a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many people remember black & white tv or the NBC color peacock?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara these cards are certainly taking me back. Love the "please stand by". I remember those often back in the day and the "this is only a test"...I'm chuckling over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are FAB...love the one with the coloured stripes...I hated seeing that pop up when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cards - love the retro look.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I waited 60 seconds, and the screens didn't change, so I guess there is no emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these cards and the elements used for each. You have become one of my favorite designers so I always like what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great test pattern and two terrific cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super designs and colors. Love how you used the sentiments and your tv stand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cards today Barb! Your work always is just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you've done your televisions, and those sentiments are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are both gorgeous, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love them all, this is such a cute stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...