Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Some Days You’re the Dog…–CTD #332

CTD332_2015mar4

Howdy, Color Throwdown fans! Lori’s our host this week and she’s got a preppy color combo for us, based on her insanely cute inspiration piece!


swatch 332

I’m using the just released BB You Make My Tail Wag Stamp Set and BB You Make My Tail Wag Die-namics for my card today. This scene just cracks me up. I started with a Kraft card stock base, then on a piece of Ranger watercolor paper, and using a medium water brush, I water colored through Diagonal Stripes Stencil with these inks: Berrylicious dye ink, Cherry Crisp dye ink, Kraft dye ink, and Blueberry dye ink. I tied some hemp cord around and popped that up on foam mounting tape, then added an Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Square STAX Die-namics, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped with the new Paw Print Background and Grout Gray dye ink. Next I cut the two die cuts from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb paper with BB You Make My Tail Wag Die-namics, stamped them with the coordinating images from BB You Make My Tail Wag Stamp Set, with Black Licorice hybrid ink, colored them with Copic markers, and popped them up on foam. On a strip of Berrylicious card stock, and using Black Licorice hybrid ink, I stamped the dog bone over and over to cover, then adhered it. The sentiment was stamped on After Midnight card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder, also popped up on foam.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

CTD332_2015mar4in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD332 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented March Guest Designer, Holly Brown, and this week’s Guest Star Stamper, Kevin!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Holly Brown – March Guest Designer     
Kevin – Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB You Make My Tail Wag, Paw Print Background (MFT)
Ink:
Grout Gray dye ink, Cherry Crisp dye ink, Kraft dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock, After Midnight card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
BB You Make My Tail Wag Die-namics, Inside & Out Stitched Rounded Square STAX Die-namics, Diagonal Stripes Stencil, hemp cord, medium water brush, foam mounting tape, clear detail embossing powder (MFT); Copic markers

1CAS Signature2

12 comments:

  1. This new Doggie stamp set and dies is just Too Cute!!! Love the saying you picked for this card..... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet is your card, fnatastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - love the dog and the hydrant and the funny sentiment.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dog image is just tooo cute and the sentiment cracks me up...super fun, Bar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup...it's been a hydrant kind of day here! Totally love that fun image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you already know that I love this card, but just telling you again! I can't WAIT to get these stamps! And I'm totally CASE'ing this layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Barb. Love the darling images, the coloring... the stripes look awesome in the background... also love the paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehehe love that sentiment and that puppy! The paw prints in the background are so sweet! Your striped paper is awesome - it took my breath away when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! It's so much fun! Your water-colored stripes are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL--too fun! Love the striped background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamp and hilarious sentiment. Love the 2 fun backgrounds that you created. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...