Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thank You - MFT Color Challenge #17

MFTCPC#17_2015mar12

Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Tropical Teal, Coral Crush, Steel Blue, Primitive White. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.



MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_#17

OK, so I strayed a little bit. I used no Primitive White card stock ‘cause I water colored my front panel with Ranger Watercolor Paper. That out of the way, I stamped images from LJD Circle Scribble Flowers with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then water colored the images with a small water brush and Coral Crush dye ink, and Tropical Teal dye ink. The sentiment, from LJD Blissful Butterflies, was stamped with Steel Gray dye ink. I had forgotten what a nice gray it is—I’ll be using it more now. My card base is Steel Blue card stock with a layer of Coral Crush card stock. The focal panel was popped up on it with foam mounting tape. To finish off, I added some enamel dots, sequins, and clear gems—I might have gotten a little carried away with them ;-)

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from More Essential Sentiments with Steel Blue dye ink on Sweet Tooth card stock.

MFTCPC#17_2015mar12in

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb[1]




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Circle Scribble Flowers, LJD Blissful Butterflies, Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Coral Crush dye ink, Tropical Teal dye ink, Steel Blue dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Steel Blue card stock, Coral Crush card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen, medium water brush (MFT); heat tool, white embossing powder, enamel dots, sequins, clear gems

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, this card is absolutely stunning! The colors are gorgeous together! I love them and the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty color combo! Love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...