Saturday, September 06, 2008

Just because...

...I wanted to send a friend some hugs. And, because I wanted to do the Color Throwdown challenge #9. And because I wanted to do the Jacksonbelle Embellishments Week 1 layout challenge. The colors this week are Kiwi Kiss, Baja Blue, and Regal Rose. The Jacksonbelle challenge can be found here. You have to use Inkadinkado stamps for this challenge.

I started with a Kiwi Kiss card base, layered it with Basic Black and then a layer from Basic Grey's Cupcake designer paper 6 x 6 pad. I added some corner punch elements, one embellished with black flower brads. The secondary element is Regal Rose on which the sentiment from the Flourishes Siberian Iris set is stamped. I also used a section from an Ornare paper piercing template. The main image, from Inkadinkado's Bird's Galore set, is stamped on Whisper White, layered first on Baja Breeze and then on Basic Black and is up on dimemsionals. The white layer edges are sponged with Baja Breeze and the bird's eye has a rhinestone accent. I added Prima flowers in blue and green with a sugared pink brad, all of which match the challenge colors. This one was indeed a challenge, but I like the end result. Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: Stamps--Inkadinkado Birds Galore and Flourishes Siberian Iris; Paper--Whisper White, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Regal Rose (all SU!) and Basic Grey Cupcake DP 6 x 6 pad; Ink--Basic Black (SU!); Accessories--Corner punch, Ornare paper piercing template, brads and rhinestones (craft store) and Prima flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for a Jacksonbelle Contest entry and Yeah for doing the THrowdown colors! The card is great! I especially love the bit of shading of blue around the piece that the bird is stamped on - really makes it pop! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!