Friday, January 28, 2011

Flourishes Friday Focus

I'm so excited to be posting my first official card as a member of Flourishes Design Team!! Today is Friday Focus day and you can read all about it on the Flourishes blog.

My card uses the January Flower from A Year In Flowers, Set 1, crocus. I always love to see my crocus popping up in late winter--they tell me Spring is not far away! And this little image is so much fun to color. I stamped it on Classic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and after I colored it with Copic markers I cut it out and popped it up. I wanted a lot of white space so the image would show up nicely. so I simply embossed  the top part of more Classic White card stock, stamped the sentiment on the bottom, and added some white lace and a buttoned bow. I'm thinking a whole set of these cards would make a wonderful gift, how about you? Hmmm, might have to do one a month. At the end of the year I'd have a gift for a very special person :)

Thanks SO much for stopping by! Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has for you:
       And Laura Fredrickson is joining us for a last week and she has FAB blog candy!
    Here are the Copics I used:

    ~Supplies~
    Stamps: A Year In Flowers, Set 1 (Flourishes)
    Paper: Classic White (Flourishes); Rich Razzelberry (SU!)
    Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
    Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Victorian embossing folder (Provocraft); ribbon, button, cord, lace, silver flat back pearls (craft store)

    13 comments:

    1. Your card is so elegant and yet so easy to make. I'm going to case it. Love the colors you used, I too, like crocus flowers. They are coming up right now in my yard. Thanks for the inspiration.

      Babe

      ReplyDelete
    2. This card is quite stunning, and the sweet little crocus are colored beautifully- you MUST do the rest of the sets this way, too (and I want to see them). Wow, that would definitely be one gorgeous set of cards!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Beautiful and regal looking Bar....gorgeous rich color against the white~

      Welcome again to the team lady! So happy you're here!

      ReplyDelete
    4. So very pretty! I love all the white space personally and the flowers really do stand out against the white.

      ReplyDelete
    5. You're off to a great start, Barbara! Your colors against the textured white are just stunning. I love the ribbon. Such a rich color. So glad to have you with us!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This is beautiful Barbara..I love the way you used your ribbon.. This would make a great start to a gift set..

      ReplyDelete
    7. This card is just fabulous! I love all of the white and of course the beautiful purple crocus. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the team.

      Joan
      MN

      ReplyDelete
    8. Beautiful Barbara! Love the clean look of the white and your colouring is fabulous!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Beautiful! I love the crocus', the ribbon/button treatment and the litty bitty addition of lace. So fancy!!!

      Kerry

      ReplyDelete
    10. This is so pretty! I love how you cut out the crocus'!

      ReplyDelete
    11. GORGEOUS! Very *Silke-like* with the beautiful white space!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...