Monday, January 31, 2011

MFT February Teaser, Day Four


It's day four of MFT teasers and have we got some pretties to show you today! We have the next set in the Inspired by...line, Inspired by Butterflies and Enjoy Every Minute, from the Jolinne line. But first:
  • The February Guest Designer Contest ends at 10 PM EST tonight, so get your entries in! The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
  • Teasers continue and will be daily through Tuesday, February 1st. Head on over to Kim's blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for today's teasers. Every day there will be a prize hidden on two of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day :) Check the MFT blog daily for the winners.
  • The February Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm February 1st, with the hop also starting at Kim's Blog.
I went in sort of a clean and simple direction with this card. I stamped this butterfly from the set with Encore Silver pigment ink on vellum, head embossed with silver detail embossing powder, then cut it out. I dry embossed part of the top white layer with a leafy design and then arranged some swirly bling over that for butterfly trails.


Then I tied black ribbon around, stamped the sentiment from the set and added some silver cord. Very simple design, but that butterfly provides a very dramatic effect, I think. There are more butterflies and more sentiments in this set--a real classic that I know I'll be going to over and over.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Tomorrow I'll have the last teaser for February's release and the release party and Hop and Shop is tomorrow night! Can't wait!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired by Butterflies (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Encore Silver
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug, Leafy Branch embossing folder (Provocraft); ribbon, silver cord, bling (craft store); Silver Detail embossing powder (Ranger); heat tool
 

28 comments:

  1. **GASP** I LOVE this.... HOW do you heat emboss Vellum without it melting... I TRIED that first.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara your card is lovely! I love how the butterfly really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH, your butterfly is stunning, I can't imagine how beautiful it must look in real life. Love all the bling, this card is beautiful in white, silver and black, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and classic - beautiful color scheme with just the right touch of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, black and white is always elegant...No other way of saying it! Love what you did with the vellum! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean and simple look of this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thud! Serious, girl, DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! Mmmmm mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so gorgeous! elegant, simple, full of class!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning! I love how the butterfly is the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That butterfly is totally elegant! It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get over that butterfly-silver on the vellum-GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh, that turned out BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the clean lines of your design. I agree that it is very dramatic and really elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same question...heat gun on vellum? I always curl it! Your card is magnificent, and I seldom use that term!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just to die for I love it... it's just gorgeous you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gorgeousness...that is simply stunning!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, that butterfly is so stunning. And the blingage - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, this card is STUNNING! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy moly!! This is BREATHTAKING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...