Tuesday, June 11, 2013

MFT June New Product Tour–Abstract Art

newproducttour1_2013jun11

Hello, and welcome to MFT’s June New Product Tour!! All of the goodies you’ve been seeing for the last week are now available HERE in the MFT Boutique.

Tonight I’m showing you some cards with the new--and FABULOUS--Abstract Art set. It’s really funny, I’m not a lover of *real* abstract art but I LOVE this set! It’s so versatile and I can see I’m going to be using this set a LOT for color challenges, KWIM?


NewRelease_BlogTitle
I have four cards using this set—I couldn’t put it down! The first card also uses a couple more new sets for this month: LJD Art Expression Text and LJD Blissful Butterflies. I stamped the script text on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice ink about 2/3 of the way up the panel, then stamped some brush strokes using Orange Fizz ink, Razzle Berry ink, and Lemon Drop ink. I thought the bright colors would work well with the black and white and I was right. That dash of color is perfect! Then I stamped the sentiment, from LJD Blissful Butterflies, and punched a half circle on each side to contain the matching baker’s twine that I tied around in a bow. I then adhered it to a Black Licorice card stock base and added a few clear gems.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from LJD Blissful Butterflies:


newproducttour1_2013jun11a


For my second card I went more “abstract”. I stamped brush strokes in Sour Apple ink, Berrylicious ink, and Orange Fizz ink (I LOVE this color combo, BTW!) on Sweet Tooth card stock and then stamped a sentiment from this month’s Triple Scoop set, Bold Statements, in Black Licorice ink. I also added some clear gems to this, and again, adhered it all to a Black Licorice card stock base.

newproducttour2_2013jun11 


On the inside, another sentiment from Bold Statements:

newproducttour2_2013jun11in


For my third card, I also used some awesome new Die-namics dies released this month: Die-namics Paint Brushes. How cool are they???!!! First of all I made my brushes. For the large one I cut out a Kraft card stock handle and Grapesicle card stock bristles. I cut the ferrule out with metallic silver paper and assembled it. The smaller brushes use, top to bottom, Sour Apple card stock and Tangy Orange card stock, Berrylicious card stock and Wild Cherry card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, and Black Licorice card stock. They all have silver ferrules, as well. Then I stamped the brush strokes with matching ink: Sour Apple ink, Grapesicle ink (new this month), Berrylicious ink, and Lemon Drop ink. I adhere a couple of the brushes directly to the Sweet Tooth card stock base and popped up the others on foam. The sentiment is from a previously released set: Clearly Sentimental About Art. Love how well they work together!

newproducttour3_2013jun11


The inside, with another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Art:

newproducttour3_2013jun11in


My final card uses Chalkboard Greetings—last month’s Triple Scoop set, that is now available on it’s own, along with Abstract Art. I again started with Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink. Then I added the brush strokes with Razzle Berry ink, Bubblegum ink (another new ink this month), Orange Fizz ink, and Kraft ink. I thought this arrangement of elements sort of went along with the sentiment: yeah, coffee spilled on my card could be interpreted as “going wrong” but since I love how it looks, it’s actually “going right”. To finish it off, I added some coordinating enamel dots and adhered it to Black Licorice card stock and popped that up on foam on a Kraft card stock base.

newproducttour4_2013jun11


And here’s the inside, with another sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings—so very true:

newproducttour4_2013jun11in 

And that’s it from me! Thanks SO much for stopping by! Be sure to check out what the rest of the MFT team has for you—you can find the list at the MFT Blog.






~Supplies~
Hello Dear Friend Card:
Stamps: Abstract Art, LJD Art Expression Text, LJD Blissful Butterflies (
MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Orange Fizz ink, Razzle Berry ink, Lemon Drop ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: baker’s twine, clear gems

You Rock Card:
Stamps: Abstract Art, Bold Statements (
MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Sour Apple ink, Berrylicious ink, Orange Fizz ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: clear gems

Creativity Card:
Stamps: Abstract Art,
Clearly Sentimental About Art (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, Grapesicle card stock, Kraft card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); metallic silver card stock
Ink:
Sour Apple ink, Grapesicle ink, Berrylicious ink, Lemon Drop ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Paint Brushes (MFT); foam tape

Go Right Card:
Stamps: Abstract Art, Chalkboard Greetings (
MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Razzle Berry ink, Bubblegum ink, Orange Fizz ink, Kraft ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: enamel dots; foam tape



brownwendysignature

5 comments:

  1. Great set, Barbara! The last card is my favorite. I love that saying!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I have the text print on my wishlist now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job on these, Barb! definitely happy that I ordered that Abstract Art set!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love the one with the brushes

    ReplyDelete
  5. four gorgeous cards, Bar! wow! love the colors and use of those paint brushes and brush strokes....sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...