Sunday, March 23, 2014

I’m Always Here For You–SSSC #212

SSSC212_2014mar23


Hi, all, today I have the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for you. This is a classic sketch and we hope to see lots of you playing along this week.


SSSC212
My card started with a Steel Gray card stock base, onto which I stenciled some modeling paste using On the Diagonal Stencil. I wanted the stenciling to show so I stamped the sentiment, from LJD Words of Inspiration, on some vellum with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. To keep the adhesive from showing, I used my Quickie Glue pen and just drew some glue onto the embossing from the back, then glued it down. Next I added a Leafy Flourish Die-namics cut from Sour Apple card stock and a Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics cut from Insulation Pink card stock. To add “veins” to the petals, I swiped each one with an Adirondack paint dauber in Copper. LOVE that look! I also swiped the modeling paste a little with the dauber to add some color to it.

The inside has another sentiment from LJD Words of Inspiration.


SSSC212_2014mar23in

And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2






~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Words of Inspiration (MFT)
Ink:
Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Steel Gray card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Insulation Pink card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); vellum
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics, Leafy Flourish Die-namics, On the Diagonal Stencil (MFT); modeling paste, embossing powder, heat tool, Adirondack paint dauber, Copper, hot glue/gun


1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Bar! I love the embossed vellum and how the texture shows through. And the flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the stenciled panel and how your pretty rose pops against the dark grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love the "swiped" veins in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty.....love that fab flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Barb - I really love the effect from the modeling paste and the swiped flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunner Bar! Love the white, grey and copper combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen's right, Bar! This is a stunner. Love the sentiment stamped on vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...