Thursday, March 06, 2014

MFT March Release Countdown, Day Six

countdown6_2014mar6


Hello and welcome to Day Six of MFT’s March Release Countdown! We’re introducing a brand new line of stamps today by a new illustrator—Birdie Brown Designs! You’ll love these sweet little images that you won’t be able to wait to color!! This set is called BBD Sunflower Sweetheart and you will see why if you check out all the details at the MFT Blog. Remember, release is March 11 at 10pm.



NewReleaseCountdown_Day6

I started my card with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then trimmed down a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock to work on. I used a new stencil to sponge in my sun—Sun Ray Stencil using Mustard Seed Distress Ink. Then I used another new Die-namics die to make my grass from Sour Apple card stockTall Grassy Edge Die-namics. Next I cut out some elements from BBD Sunflower Sweetheart Die-namics, stamped the images from BBD Sunflower Sweetheart and colored them with Copic markers. I created my little scene, stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink, popped it up on foam, and I was done.

The inside has another sentiment from BBD Sunflower Sweetheart, stamped with Black Licorice ink.


countdown6_2014mar6in


And there you have it! The first set in the new line, Birdie Brown Designs—I just love it, don’t you?


1CAS Supplies2







~Supplies~
Stamps: BBD Sunflower Sweetheart (
MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT); Mustard Seed Distress Ink (Ranger); Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Kraft card stock, Sour Apple card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Tall Grassy Edge Die-namics, BBD Sunflower Sweetheart Die-namics, Sun Ray Stencil (
MFT); Copic markers, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

20 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Just love that little bucket with the heart on it. Your copic work is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely little birds. Love the sunny background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I am again to tell you that your new bloglayout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sunburst!! Such a cheerful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! I can hardly wait to have this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Bar! That Sunray stencil is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! I love how cheery it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. The bluebirds are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love your scenic card look. Soooo cute & adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable I just love the lil birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cheery happy card! I love it & this stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable and love the creative use of the birds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a happy card. Wow, I need to case this card. We all need the sunshine and the sweet songs of birds. Hurry spring and summer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cheery card. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. TWO bluebirds of happiness! Beautiful Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy little bluebirds and the beautiful sun make me long for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my mercy, that card front is so cute I'd love to frame it. I'd hang it in my kitchen as a happy reminder spring is on it's way!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!