Thursday, March 13, 2014

MFT March Release Rewind

releaserewind1_2014mar13

Hi, everyone! It’s time for this month’s Release Rewind! I love this feature since it gives the designers a great opportunity to use some products we might not have gotten around to using during the release. This almost always happens for me so I’m really excited about this chance to be creative with the amazing new MFT products that are available right HERE, right NOW in the MFT Boutique. To get all the details, be sure to stop by the MFT Blog.

Print


I have a couple of cards to share with you today—my first one uses the new Bright Lights Alphabet Die-namics for the focus. I started with a Black Licorice card stock base, then trimmed a Sweet Tooth card stock panel on which to work. I cut out the letters for “HAPPY” in rainbow colors: Red Hot card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sour Apple card stock, and Blu Raspberry card stock, adhered them, then stamped “BIRTHDAY” from LJD Snowflake Splendor in Black Licorice ink. To tie it all together, I wrapped around baker’s twine in a rainbow and tied on a matching button for each color: Red Hot button, Orange Fizz button, Lemon Drop button, Sour Apple button, and Blu Raspberry button. When all that was done I popped that panel up on foam.

For the inside, I stamped a fun sentiment from LLD Magical Memories with black Licorice ink.

releaserewind1_2014mar13in
*****

For my second card I broke out this adorable Pure InnocencePI I’m All Ears.

releaserewind2_2014mar13

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then added a Sweet Tooth card stock layer embossed with Floral Fusion Cover-up Die-namics. Next I adhered a couple of Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics flags—one was cut from Sno Cone card stock stamped with Sno Cone ink and Striped Backgrounds. The other was cut from Sweet Tooth card stock stamped with Plaid Builder Background using Sno Cone ink, Sour Apple ink, Bubblegum ink, and Orange Fizz ink.

Then I stamped the image on X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers. I popped her up on foam, then stamped the sentiment from the set on Sweet Tooth card stock and popped it up, too.

releaserewind2_2014mar13in


And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2

 

releaserewind1_2014mar13






releaserewind2_2014mar13






~Supplies~
Rainbow Happy Card:
Stamps:
LJD Snowflake Splendor, LLD Magical Memories (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Red Hot card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Lemon Drop card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Bright Lights Alphabet Die-namics,
Red Hot button, Orange Fizz button, Lemon Drop button, Sour Apple button, Blu Raspberry button (MFT); baker’s twine, foam tape, Quickie Glue pen

 

All Ears Card:
Stamps:
PI I’m All Ears, Striped Backgrounds, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray ink, Sour Apple ink, Sno Cone ink, Bubblegum ink, Orange Fizz ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sno Cone card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Floral Fusion Cover-up Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers

1CAS Signature2

10 comments:

  1. Such happy cards! The Pure Innocence is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous! The first one is my favorite (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards! Especially LOVE the bunny ears. WONDERFUL shading on her dress to make it look "flouncy." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smart idea for the first, love the happy colours! Great bunny card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card was so bright & fun. Love it! That adorable PI needs to hurry her hop to my house. Can't wait to play!
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards, girlfriend... LOVE that sweet PI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet cards Barb. I am loving that alphabet set more and more! Fun colors. Sweet Pure Innocence is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the Happy Birthday card.. love all of the colors and the cute Easter one is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for my happy mail to arrive! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...