Friday, March 06, 2015

You’re Brilliant!–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #218 + a Video

MFTWSC218_2015mar4


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC218

OK, I’ll admit it. I was a little stumped at first with this sketch, But, I put on my “out of the box” thinking cap and came up with this design. I decided to flip it and use Stitched Speech Bubble Edges Die-namics for that end element. Woot! I started with a Grout Gray card stock base, then created some background paper with my Harlequin Stencil. I have a video showing how I did that and the rest of my card construction that you can view HERE at my YouTube Channel in HD, or you can click on the button below:




I’ll give you a quick run down here, too. I stenciled on two colors, Lemon Chiffon dye ink and Grout Gray dye ink, then free handed the black lines in between. I popped that up on foam, then cut my Speech Bubble element from Black Licorice card stock. I stamped the sentiment, from LLD Watt’s Up? with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder then popped it up as well. I cut the silver glitter strip using Blueprints 8 Die-namics and adhered it, then created my light bulb using LLD Lightbulb Die-namics, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Silver Foil Card Stock, Translucent vellum, and black mirror card stock. I popped that up on foam and finished off with some silver glitter enamel dots.

On the INSIDE, I stamped another sentiment from LLD Watt’s Up? with Black Licorice dye ink.

MFTWSC218_2015mar4in


And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Watt’s Up? (MFT)
Ink:
Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Grout Gray dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Lemon Chiffon card stock, Translucent vellum, Ranger Silver Foil Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 8 Die-namics, LLD Lightbulb Die-namics, Stitched Speech Bubble Edges Die-namics, Quickie Glue Pen, Adhesive Sheets (MFT); white embossing powder, black fine point marker, heat tool


1CAS Signature2

3 comments:

  1. The doodling on the stenciling looks amazing! What a very cool take on the sketch too, I like now you bucked the trend and focused on the smaller part at the end with the cloud/speech bubble die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous background...thanks for sharing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite color combinations ever, Barbara! And glittery silver is a definite plus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...