Saturday, December 27, 2008

A blast from the past!

This card is for SCS Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #7. It requires you to make a card inspired by a fond memory. I know most people are tired of making Christmas cards but I'm not! And this one was inspired by one of my fondest Christmas memories.

The last Christmas my father was alive, we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and he just about fell out of his chair laughing. He enjoyed that movie so much that every year since, it's become a Christmas tradition in our family. We watch it and laugh, and remember how much my father enjoyed it that year. This little Fluffles stamp reminds me so much of Clark Griswold putting the lights all over the house and how "caught up in the Christmas spirit" he was. And my father also got caught up in the spirit--he loved Christmas. I guess that's where I get it from. Anyway, this card is for my daddy.

My base card is Very Vanilla with a layer of Baja Breeze and then a layer of DP from Cloud 9 Design called Sparkle Be Bright. I thought this paper went with this stamp so well, so I let it dictate my color choices. The focal image was stamped on watercolor paper with Basic Brown and colored with my Stampin' Markers and a blender pen. I used a Sakura glitter pen to cover just about every colored surface, LOL, and it glimmers very nicely. The DP has some glimmer, too, so they compliment each other well, I think. I attached it with some dimensionals after matting it with Riding Hood Red card stock. I added a "string" (I had the little lights that I'd picked up at a craft store and just tied them on a length of black jute) of lights down the side for balance.

Thanks for checking it out!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Fluffles Caught Up in the Christmas Spirit
Paper: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Sparkle Be Bright (Cloud 9 Design)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Basic Brown, Old Olive
Accessories: Riding Hood Red ribbon (SU!), jute, light beads (craft shop), Sakura glitter pen, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, I am glad SOMEONE around here is stamping, I am sure not! These cards are all stunning--the little Christmas lights on your sentimental card are adorable! You are just so clever! Someday when my family all leaves, I'll have my room back....maybe I can sneak in there this afternoon!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!