Friday, July 03, 2009

DRS Friday Featured Stamper!!!

WOW! I'm so lucky these days! First MFT, then Stamp Simply, now Friday Featured Stamper for DRS Designs! Thanks, DRS!!!

I love these images and DRS stamps are fantastic! VERY deeply etched, unmounted rubber stamps, with excellent detail. Since I was chosen as Friday Featured Stamper I was given stamps to work with and here's what I came up with. I have two cards and I REALLY like how they both turned out, although they're very different.

My first card uses G173--Drink Line Up and D728--Five O'Clock Somewhere--too cute! I'm using the Citrus mat pack from K & Co. patterned paper. The image was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. The sentiment was stamped in the same manner, then cut/embossed with a Nestablities Label Four die and it's edges sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. The ribbon is craft store ribbon and the charm is tied on with DMC embroidery floss. Dew Drops in the corners finish it off.

~Recipe~
Stamps: G173--Drink Line Up and D728--Five O'Clock Somewhere (DRS Designs)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Citrus mat pack (K & Co); Pure Luxury 80 lb (Gina K)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon, DMC floss (craft store); Copic markers; Dew Drops; Ticket Corner punch (SU!)

The next card just cracks me up! If you have cats you totally know this sentiment is true!! This card uses L815--Purr'fectly Comfortable Kitty and E776--Cats Have Staff. I'm using a Black Market Paper Society design called Letters From Paradise, and Basic Black and silver metallic card stock. This kitty demands glitz, so I gave it to her, LOL! The image was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper and colored with Copic markers. She was then cut out and popped up on a base of silver metallic card stock and Basic Black with jewels added.

~Recipe~
Stamps: L815--Purr'fectly Comfortable Kitty and E776--Cats Have Staff (DRS Designs)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!); Letters From Paradise (Black Market Paper Society); Pure Luxury 80 lb. (
Gina K); silver metallic (Office Max)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies/Flourishe die; 3M foam squares, jewels (craft store); Copic markers; Sakura glitter pen

I'm so glad you dropped in today!



4 comments:

  1. Hee hee These are so fun. Your cat card is totally cute! Congrats on the DRS Friday Featurette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Congrats! Those stamps are sure to fly off the DRS shelves now that you've showcased them so fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so great -- both of them right up my alley!!!! And it's after 5 here, which in this house only means it's time to feed the cat! lol! That kitty on the couch might need to be added to my collection for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Bar for these great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!