Sunday, June 01, 2014

A Little Birthday Wish–SSSC #221

SSSC221_2014jun1


Hi, everyone! It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! Karen has another classic sketch for us today that was lots of fun to play with.



10341542_10203700497494420_6382565451295726819_n
My card started with a Grout Gray card stock base. To that I added a Berrylicious card stock panel that was embossed with Polka Dot Cover-Up Die-namics and added the horizontal strip. Then, on some water color paper, I stamped Patterned Triangles Background twice, once with Berrylicious ink and once with Insulation Pink ink. First I wet my paper, then I inked up the stamp and spritzed it with water, stamped, and then spritzed it again. I love the look and will be trying this with other background stamps soon!

I then stamped the sentiment, from LJD Birthday Greetings, with Versamark and heat embossed with pewter embossing powder. I popped that panel up on foam, added a Gerbera Daisy Die-namics, cut from vellum with a metallic silver center, on top of some silver thread. I finished off with sequins and clear gems.

Another sentiment from LJD Birthday Greetings was stamped on the inside with Steel Gray ink.


SSSC221_2014jun1in

And that’s it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers have for you today: 

Thanks so much for stopping by!



1CAS Supplies2 





~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Birthday Greetings, Patterned Triangles Background (MFT)
Ink:
Berrylicious ink, Insulation Pink ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); vellum, metallic silver card stock; water color paper (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Gerbera Daisy Die-namics, Polka Dot Cover-Up Die-namics (MFT); foam tape, silver thread, sequins, clear gems, pewter embossing powder

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. Love the background you created with the triangle stamp and the soft colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bar this is AMAZING! I love how this turned out and the pewter embossing is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks awesome, and I freakin' love that pewter EP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!