Wednesday, July 18, 2018

You So Rock the Crown–Color Throwdown Challenge #502

CTD502_2018jul18

Hello all, it’s time for a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge. I’m the hostess this week so I hope to see lots of you in the gallery. The Greek Isles are on my bucket list but this gorgeous inspiration piece will have to suffice for now ;-)


swatch502


I’m using the recently-release Queen for the Day Stamp Set and Crown Die-namics (again) for my card today. I knew I was going to add some silver to my background so it just fit. The sentiment was heat embossed with silver detail embossing powder and the crown cut from Silver Sparkle card stock and popped up on foam tape.

Now to my background. First, I LOVE IT!! It’s my first attempt with alcohol inks and everyone is right, it was so much fun!! I had some inks and had never gotten around to playing with them and while I was at the
MFT Retreat I picked up the rest. Fun times are a-coming! I can’t tell you how I did it. I just jumped in with both feet. I used Sailboat Blue ink from the Lakeshore collection and Aqua ink from the Dockside Picnic collection and just dropped some on my Yupo paper. I used my Copic airbrush system with no marker, 91% alcohol in a Mini Mister and a dropper bottle and a small art brush and just PLAYED! I added color here and alcohol there, then switched it up, LOL! I love the pieces I’ve seen with the smaller detail so that was what I was going for—it looks like marble. It takes more time to work it out than just dropping ink but I LOVE the look of texture you get. You will be seeing MUCH more of this from me, I promise—in fact later today so be on the lookout. I’ll try to do a video to show you my process—you’ll have to play to get your own designs, no two will every be alike. And I’ve found that when you work it out a lot like I’ve done some colors end up being completely different than what you started with. I’ll show you what I mean another time.

CTD502_2018jul18b

Once I was happy I poured on some Nuvo silver gilding flakes and rubbed them on the still slightly damp places. Those flakes are an unholy MESS, but I love the organic look you get with them. Then I splattered some Liquitex black acrylic ink, matted it with Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on a Stone Gray card stock base. I added the crown and the sentiment and it was done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the
Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD502 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd502 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, along with our super talented Guest Designer, Kathy Schweinfurth!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Kathy Schweinfurth – July Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]
All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Queen for the Day
Die-namics: Crown, Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips, A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1, A2 Rectangle STAX Set 2
Specialty Inks: Versamark, Sailboat Blue and Aqua alcohol inks
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, Stone Gray
Specialty Papers: Yupo paper, Silver Sparkle card stock
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, silver detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Alcohol Ink Tool Set, Silver Bullion Nuvo Gilding Flakes
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Embossing Magic, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, Alcohol Ink Palette
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, heat tool, airbrush system, Liquitex black acrylic ink, 91% alcohol

1newsignature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...