Thursday, September 20, 2018

Happy Birthday to You–MFT September Birthday Project Challenge

birthdayproject_2018sep20a

Slide, spin, and wobble your way to birthday card perfection with this month’s challenge. Add an interactive element to surprise your recipient with an unexpected twist on a traditional look. Check out what our team has done and then, get busy creating your own interactive masterpiece!



Print


I decided to make a Magic Slider Card for this challenge using PI Happy Birthday to You Stamp Set. First I stamped the image with Extreme Black hybrid ink on No-Line Coloring card stock and colored it with Copic markers. Next I stamped the image on Heat Resistant Acetate with StazOn Jet Black ink, using a stamp positioner to line up the two images perfectly.

birthdayproject_2018sep20b

I created a frame with Stitched Rectangle Frames cut from Sweet Celebration Paper Pack and adhered the StazOn stamped image directly to it’s back, then adhered the colored image to with foam tape, lining two images up perfectly. This created a pocket into which I could slide a plain Sweet Tooth card stock panel. This was adhered to the card base directly.

birthdayproject_2018sep20c

I cut the top of the Sweet Tooth panel with File Folder Edges Die-namics and stamped the sentiment from Interactive Labels Stamp Set. As you pull the panel out, the colored image seems to “emerge”, thus the magic :) To finish off I heat embossed the sentiment on Black Licorice card stock cut with Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips, popped up on foam.

And that’s it from me! Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has at the
MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog and we hope you’ll play along!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: PI Happy Birthday to You, Interactive Labels
Die-namics: Stitched Rectangle Frames, Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips, File Folder Edges
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
Specialty Inks: StazOn Jet Black
Patterned Paper: Sweet Celebration
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, No-Line Coloring
Specialty Papers: Heat Resistant Acetate
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, white detail embossing powder, Multi Medium Matte Glue
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Embossing Magic, craft tweezers, plastic
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper


1newsignature_thumb[1]

6 comments:

  1. Another outstanding card!! I've done magic sliders before but I love your easy technique and I have this stamp!!! yay! This card will be done soon for a friend's birthday. Thanks so much for a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! Clever! I love it! I need to give this a try too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love everything about this card! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just TOO CUTE! I love the color reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic slider cards are so much fun. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...