I can't believe it's almost time for My Favorite Things' September release. WHERE has August gone!? Have the Freeze Frames got your interest up? I'm thinkin' so :) Before I show you today's teaser, here's what you need to know:
- The October Guest Designer contest begins today and the winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here.
- Teasers begin today. Be sure to check Kim's blog at 11:00am for links to designers previewing today. Every day there will be a prize hidden on one of the Creative Team's blog posts. Leaving a comment on every designer's blog post will give you the best chance of winning every day.
- The September Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm September 1st, with the hop starting at Kim's Blog.
I'm showing you Clearly Sentimental About Harvest today. Since I love fall, the sentiment I chose to use is one of my all-time favorite quotes.
I stamped the sentiment on Fossil card stock using the Framed Greetings Stamp Set and Die-namics die. If you have trouble lining up the Framed Greetings stamps on the Die-namics die cut, I've got the solution for you. I wish I could claim this as my idea, but I saw it demonstrated at CHA with some other dies, then came home and tried it with Framed Greetings. I've done it numerous times, and it comes out great every time if you follow a few simple steps :)
1. Using some scrap card stock, die cut the Framed Greetings die--this will be a template.
2. Stamp the outline of choice on the paper you'll use on your project.
3. Position your template over your stamped image and be sure to line it up carefully. Tape it down securely.
4. Slip the die into the template opening and also tape this down securely. Make sure the die is in the opening straight and snugly.
5. Cut, using your die cutting machine.
And see that pretty flower? I used the NEW Perfect Petal Trio Die-namics set to make it. I cut two of each size, crumpled them up as tight as I could, then opened them and hooked them together with a brad to match the patterned paper. Finally, I swiped them with some Tea Dye Distress ink. This die set will be released on September 1st.
Today is also Crazy 4 Challenges day--be sure to check out the blog for all the details about today's challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Harvest (MFT)
Paper: Fossil card stock (MFT); Soft Suede, Cajun Craze (SU!); Indian Summer 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Perfect Petal Trio and Framed Greetings Die-namics Dies (MFT); Glazed Brad - Indian Summer (Basic Grey); sewing machine; Pop Dots, ribbon (craft store); lattice border punch (Martha Stewart)